Premier League (midweek) Games 2/3/4 April '24

The funny thing when West Ham get a corner is the expectation and excitement of the crowd where when we get one we usually go for a toilet break or grab a drink as we know we won’t miss anything :)-
You should have more faith. We’ve scored more goals from corners than West Ham this season.

Howe will be fine. They just dropped 2 points because Howe is having to play Paul Dummett, a man who wasn’t good enough to start for Newcastle when they got relegated.

They have had the worst injury crisis in the league, and the owners know that better than anyone.

Tonali - Banned for the season.
Barnes - Missed 31 games injured.
Pope - 27 games missed still injured.
Botman - 28 games injured.
Lascelles - Just did his ACL.
Target - 25 games injured.
Joelinton - 32 games injured so far.
Willock - 30 games injured so far.
Wilson - 24 games injured.
Almiron - 7 games out (and the rest of the season)
Livramento - 10 games out (and the rest of the season)

That’s 9 or 10 of their starting XI out for the majority of the season. Howe is doing really well to still be in with a chance of Europe and in the Europa League.

No one sums up their season better than Elliot Anderson, 21 year old who had a breakout run because of the injuries in midfield, nailed down a starting spot and then immediately got injured for 4 months/ 25 games.

On top of all that, this is a terrible time to change managers. Barcelona, Liverpool, United and Bayern are all looking for new managers and will get their pick of the best before Newcastle.
Unfortunately owners nowadays don’t have a lot of patience but maybe with FFP they may decide to stick with Howe and as you say there’s a shortage of good managers out there…..

Why does Savage sound like he’s blowing his load? Use your bloody words!!!!!

Someone on Reddit wrote down his best lines in commentary today

Robbie Savage was absolutely on one in terms of stupid/funny comments tonight, I wrote down a few of my favourites:

• ⁠"It's so good having a left sided player on the left side of the pitch"
• ⁠"One gets their width from their fullbacks and the other gets their width from their forwards. And that means... Well that means there's a difference between the two sides"
• ⁠"He cuts in from the left hand side and more often than not, he ends up in a more central position"
• ⁠"It's the wide players that create the width"
• ⁠"Keeper should be catching that" - About a Ward-Prowse free kick that was flying into the top corner
• ⁠"Set pieces are SO important... Kevin Nolan..." - Didn't elaborate any further
• ⁠"Antonio's strength tends to give him a strength advantage against defenders"
• ⁠"David Moyes won't be happy with his team sitting deep like this"
• ⁠"No matter how long is left there's always another chance in the game"

Howe will be fine. They just dropped 2 points because Howe is having to play Paul Dummett, a man who wasn’t good enough to start for Newcastle when they got relegated.

They have had the worst injury crisis in the league, and the owners know that better than anyone.

Tonali - Banned for the season.
Barnes - Missed 31 games injured.
Pope - 27 games missed still injured.
Botman - 28 games injured.
Lascelles - Just did his ACL.
Target - 25 games injured.
Joelinton - 32 games injured so far.
Willock - 30 games injured so far.
Wilson - 24 games injured.
Almiron - 7 games out (and the rest of the season)
Livramento - 10 games out (and the rest of the season)

That’s 9 or 10 of their starting XI out for the majority of the season. Howe is doing really well to still be in with a chance of Europe and in the Europa League.

No one sums up their season better than Elliot Anderson, 21 year old who had a breakout run because of the injuries in midfield, nailed down a starting spot and then immediately got injured for 4 months/ 25 games.

On top of all that, this is a terrible time to change managers. Barcelona, Liverpool, United and Bayern are all looking for new managers and will get their pick of the best before Newcastle.
If Howe gets Europe then fair play, but I still think despite their injury record they have had games this season in which the team they fielded should have at least got a point or was good enough to win.

4-4 at home to Luton, 1-0 away defeat to Luton, beat by Forest at home 3-1, beat by Everton away 3-0 and conceding in the 88th minute tonight to draw 1-1 at home to Everton.

Those games in particular should have resulted in more points on the board.

Even tonight, Isak, Guimareas, Murphy, Barnes player. Everton would die to have that quality in their team.

I fear they lose Bruno G in the summer and Isak will will be tapped up by a top side and force his way out.

If I am Arsenal I am dropping what I can on Isak.

Someone on Reddit wrote down his best lines in commentary today

Robbie Savage was absolutely on one in terms of stupid/funny comments tonight, I wrote down a few of my favourites:

• ⁠"It's so good having a left sided player on the left side of the pitch"
• ⁠"One gets their width from their fullbacks and the other gets their width from their forwards. And that means... Well that means there's a difference between the two sides"
• ⁠"He cuts in from the left hand side and more often than not, he ends up in a more central position"
• ⁠"It's the wide players that create the width"
• ⁠"Keeper should be catching that" - About a Ward-Prowse free kick that was flying into the top corner
• ⁠"Set pieces are SO important... Kevin Nolan..." - Didn't elaborate any further
• ⁠"Antonio's strength tends to give him a strength advantage against defenders"
• ⁠"David Moyes won't be happy with his team sitting deep like this"
• ⁠"No matter how long is left there's always another chance in the game"
missed there's goals in this for manchester united

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.