Premier League (midweek) Games 30/31 Jan + 1/Feb '24

They've drawn plenty though. Draw enough games and if the team right behind you doesn't.... they'll soon overtake you.

We are talking about dropping points, not specifically losing.
I get what you're saying. Draws can be costly, as we discovered in the autumn. I was just pointing out that they're very difficult to beat. And we might (repeat, might) have to win at Anfield. I truly believe we'll win the league again, though.

And yes; I'm biased!

I get what you're saying. Draws can be costly, as we discovered in the autumn. I was just pointing out that they're very difficult to beat. And we might (repeat, might) have to win at Anfield. I truly believe we'll win the league again, though.

And yes; I'm biased!

I hope we get to Anfield ahead of them in the league because you can write off any chances of getting a fair game

I hope we get to Anfield ahead of them in the league because you can write off any chances of getting a fair game
That's a given. See Chelsea last night. Or the game at our place, when we had a not dissimilar goal to Nathan's at Spurs chalked off. Or Konate (think it was him) not getting sent off in the Murkyside Derby. Even the gurner more or less admitted that he deserved to go. From memory, didn't he sub him almost immediately afterwards?

Nobody gets a fair game at anfield , it stinks , the refs are scared shitless to make any decision that doesnt benefit them there , be olivar and or tierney on duty the day we visit

Every team can say that. Liverpool will be thinking they should be further ahead and didn't help themselves dropping points to Luton, Brighton, Rags etc etc.

They've dropped points in 7 games out of 22

We have dropped points in 7 games out of 21.

To think teams aren't going to drop points in the next 16 games when they drop points in a third of their games on average is unlikely. Of course it can be done, we've seen it. Still unlikely though.

We will drop points, so will the dippers, it's its down to us to drop less and also beat them.
And therein lies the difficulty. Every team we face become prime Barca/ Brazil * in the main, same teams roll over for them/ they fluke lucky wins. The twunts j7st ain't going away thus season bloody annoy me every time they play/ get results. I honestly can't see them dropping points, unless the * asthma meds supply runs out...

That's a given. See Chelsea last night. Or the game at our place, when we had a not dissimilar goal to Nathan's at Spurs chalked off. Or Konate (think it was him) not getting sent off in the Murkyside Derby. Even the gurner more or less admitted that he deserved to go. From memory, didn't he sub him almost immediately afterwards?
He did, and at last someone on the same page as me about our feck all chance of getting anything at Klanfield.

Beginning to remind me of the Leicester title win when the media got right behind them and refs got caught up in the whole fairytale,now with klopp leaving it has a similar feel ..
Its been happening all season, just ramped up (if thats possible) now. They certainly do not want us winning 4 in a row.
From early on some dubious decisions v Bournemouth (all in their favour), non nailed on penalties ie West Ham, same officials in same game reffing differently ie v Rags Nunez booked then shows clear dissent and no 2nd card, later on Dallot does same and ref gives him 2 yellows in a row, Everton- ref cant sent off Young fast enough but then failed to give Konote a 2nd yellow.
Our goal ruled out, Arnold avoiding a 2nd yellow in 9th minute at Newcastle, inability to pick up cards ie v Palace, 16 fouls each and ref books 7 Palace inc the softest 2nd yellow ever and only books 2 Dippers in 109th 110th minutes, the clear fouls in the build up to goals v Fulham, Sheff Utd ignored.
Last nights officiating was disgusting, 4 Chelsea cards in 7 fouls in the 1st half alone (We got 2 cards in 3 fouls v Burnley yet Dippers seem to have the best fouls to cards ratio.
The only thing against them was the cock up v Spurs (dont forget they were already down to 10) and the media/dippers outcry was laughable.
PGMOL/FA/PL/Webb/Officials/Media- For some reason all are scared shitless to upset them

He did, and at last someone on the same page as me about our feck all chance of getting anything at Klanfield.
We have the team more than capable of beating them, even with half a dozen officials on their side. But it would have to be a perfect performance. Defend like demons, but tackle like angels anywhere from 30 yds in to our goal. Don't give the referee the chance to shaft us.And we have to take the limited chance(s) that'll come our way. Am I being naive? Possibly. But we have to go there believing we can do it.

Is Joe Cole's number on speed dial with the TNT producers whenever there's a Hammers game on? I'm just surprised his brother isn't on with him tonight; they're normally joined at the hip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.