Premier League - Shots created/conceded 2023/24 - Final numbers P1

I think Newcastle illustrated today that Chelsea aren’t all that so a disappointing one for us that. That and wolves were poor performances from us despite the four goals we scored.

Today we played well. Arsenal we were too negative and gave them too much respect.

I think we could do with beating Spurs and Villa now to keep us in a good spot so the finishing needs to improve. Spurs were shite last week against Wolves so I am expecting us to rip them a new one with their high line.

Bump, I've just brought this up to date (first page) after a bit of lazyness on my part.

To summarise at the half way point, we're creating more chances away from home, than at home, at roughly 2.5 times our opposition. We concede fewer chances at home than away (to be expected I guess).

We're scoring about 1 goal for every 7 attempts (much the same as we're conceding), and just above 1 per 2.5 shots on target (also about the same as we're conceding goals). We could do with getting more shots on target.

Sheff Utd was only our 5th clean sheet in the league, and the first for 9 games (after 3 in the first 6 games).

I have noticed we have started to take more longer attempts on goal in recent games though, I wonder if that has come from Pep or the players ? It's often annoyed me that we try to make the perfect goal all the time, I know it can give posession away, but it can create more corners, or deflections, so could add a bit of a "lucky" element. As is often said if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the raffle.

Updated page one again after yesterday.

Yesterday was the second highest number of shots on goal at home this season (chelsea is the highest), and 4th highest home and away.

It's also the lowest shots on goal by the away team, and joint with Wolves home and away, a game we managed to lose despite having 23 shots ourselves.

Final update on page 1, more shots at home, but more on target away from home.

It's little wonder we win so often, as we concede on average just over 2 at home, and just over 3 shots away per game.

Our shots on target, compared to total shots, was why I started this thread, and I still think it's a little worry, at 20/7 at home, and 18/8 away, so better away than at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.