Premier League Top 4 At End Of Season ?

avoidconfusion said:
nickson71 said:
Not sure about Villa getting 2nd but I'm in total agreement on the rest of the post. I want the Rags to win yesterday and I'm hoping they get the Carling cup................................ as both of these will help us in the longer run this season

BTW if United win the Carling Cup and let's say Chelsea the FA cup, will that mean the top 7 go to Europe?

surely its tottenham who get the uefa cup place no matter what happens in the CC final? and only if 2 teams who have already qualified for europe through the league play each other in the FAC final then an extra place goes to 7th??

mcfcant said:
avoidconfusion said:
nickson71 said:
Not sure about Villa getting 2nd but I'm in total agreement on the rest of the post. I want the Rags to win yesterday and I'm hoping they get the Carling cup................................ as both of these will help us in the longer run this season

BTW if United win the Carling Cup and let's say Chelsea the FA cup, will that mean the top 7 go to Europe?

surely its tottenham who get the uefa cup place no matter what happens in the CC final? and only if 2 teams who have already qualified for europe through the league play each other in the FAC final then an extra place goes to 7th??

There runner up in the carling cup has never got a european spot if the winner has qualified in the league. The runner up in the FA cup use to qualify but I'm sure that gone now too.

United (will have it sewn up in late March at this rate)
Villa
Chelsea
Liverpool

Arsenal to miss out on Champs League and we then go after Fabregas in the summer (I can dream)

Villa are looking very good for a top 4 slot this season. They seem to be getting stronger while the others, bar the rags, are getting weaker, so second may not be totally impossible for them.

It will not help City's cause if Villa get Champions League football next year because it makes it even harder to catch them and they will increase their revenues and be able to kick on again. So, as boring as it may be, I would prefer that the usual suspects take the top 4 places this year as it will help us overtake Villa and Everton next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.