Premier league trophy presentation/parade

The best one ive been to by a long way, stood on the corner of John Dalton Street and Deansgate then walked down to as close as we could get to Peter Street, as a club were getting good at these celebration things!! You can also literally see that all the players and staff have 100% bought into the club they were all absolutely loving it.

On a side note I took my 13 year old to his third parade and my 7 year old to her first, walking back to the car she said it was the best day of her life, you genuinely cant put a price on that, I bloody love this club!!

Roll on August
Brilliant sounds like the kids are blues for life

Was a good turnout, enjoyed it. It is being knocked because there wasn't any tramps from Moston swinging from scaffolding. Shame. On some of the route the roads did look sparse to be fair but that is mainly due to many being at the stage for the ending which was mobbed. A few things to iron out for next year ;) Sooner Danzone and Pike are binned the better.

The best one ive been to by a long way, stood on the corner of John Dalton Street and Deansgate then walked down to as close as we could get to Peter Street, as a club were getting good at these celebration things!! You can also literally see that all the players and staff have 100% bought into the club they were all absolutely loving it.

On a side note I took my 13 year old to his third parade and my 7 year old to her first, walking back to the car she said it was the best day of her life, you genuinely cant put a price on that, I bloody love this club!!

Roll on August

I took my seven year old and she loved it. City even tweeted her! She has come to the odd game with me but I think if there was any doubt City wasn't for her then yesterday changed that.

I think we should target fans on lower incomes like we did in the 70s and 80s. We used to do really cheap season tickets for under 21s and unemployed
I agree with this, and i'm not in the low income bracket.

Unless positive discimination is enforced, then any cheap season tickets will be taken by a large majority of people that can easily afford them.

I couldn't swear to it, but looking at the family stand, there's many families who have got a block of tickets and don't turn up all the time. - I'd happily be corrected on that statment, but that's what it looks like - Its that issue I'd like to see addressed, as clearly the tickets for some are just a potential day out... rather than a saved up "we must go" day out. However, as it's a family stand, it's probably harder from a security point of view to re-sell (?).

But...not sure how City could do positive discrimination, without a backlash, let alone the practicalities of weeding out cheaters... which probably adds up to an admin headache that City would rather not put resources to and cater for.

One rag moaning on Redcsfe that everything had gone in our favour this season even the weather was perfect for our parade. Yet they call us bitters.
So I hope the weather breaks at the weekend and London gets gallstones the size of cricket balls and if the rags do manage to fluke the cup I hope it's thunderstorms in Manchester on Monday.
Or hailstones? I had gallstones before my gall bladder was taken out, and they're imcredibly painful.

But I'm in full agreement with you if you're referring to the rag supporters.

Was a good turnout, enjoyed it. It is being knocked because there wasn't any tramps from Moston swinging from scaffolding. Shame. On some of the route the roads did look sparse to be fair but that is mainly due to many being at the stage for the ending which was mobbed. A few things to iron out for next year ;) Sooner Danzone and Pike are binned the better.

Agreed lol.....Cheeseman and Weddurburn are the answer...............oh hang on Ferrit to be binned as well I presume ?

Great parade. Fantastic atmosphere. I was with my son opposite Albert's Schloss and everything was just brilliant. The noise was amazing. The players and staff all looked at one, celebrating with us.

If United win on Saturday, it will be interesting to see their parade (if they even do one) because it won't get anywhere near as good as ours.

Well done City on as fantastic season.

Great parade. Fantastic atmosphere. I was with my son opposite Albert's Schloss and everything was just brilliant. The noise was amazing. The players and staff all looked at one, celebrating with us.

If United win on Saturday, it will be interesting to see their parade (if they even do one) because it won't get anywhere near as good as ours.

Well done City on as fantastic season.
And you would have to go to Stretford to see it.

Thought yesterday was fantastic. The best trophy parade yet with a huge turn-out from our traditonal fanbase. Lots of families and kids. Those by the stage started queueing at 3pm and had to wait in the sun for four hours. Bloody fantastic support. I thought some of the newer players looked genuinely stunned by the fervour of the crowds and this will cement an emotional bond with the club and our city forever. I wonder who of the new ones will become the "Vinny and Zabba" cult heroes in the future.
Lets cut ticket prices for those on lower incomes and youngsters and get that North Stand built asap.

i agree with everything youve said. yesterdays crowd was our core/ local fan base - lots of whom i think have been priced out. the potential is there to fill say a 100,000 stadium. if its affordable, the type of people that went yesterday would be able to go more. thats the crowd that should be filling the stadium and has been slowly priced out from going. basically the same crowd as the hamburg game.

im not moaning, it was just brilliant to see everyone there regardless of how much money you have.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.