Premier league Winter break

ok, yeah that's what I thought, I just think that's pushing it to call it 2 weeks off, unless you consider every week to be a week off if you don't have a midweek game. You get 14 days between fixtures, but that's only 7 more than you'd normally get, so that's only really an extra week off isn't it?
Yeah but two weeks between games is huge at that time of year. We were having 3 days between games for the best part of two months this season.

Yeah but two weeks between games is huge at that time of year. We were having 3 days between games for the best part of two months this season.

saying that, we did have a partial winter break this year before the internationals and came back and flopped in the 3 big fixtures in the following 10 days.

True, I'd probably rather just move one of those midweek games in the incredibly congested winter schedule to that free weekend tbh. I think footballers can play once a week with no real problems at all, it's all the midweek games that are the problem imo, especially when you get midweek games multiple weeks in a row.

That's one of the main reasons I think we should get rid of the Carabao Cup tbh, it adds key midweek games at the very part of the season where it's already massively overcrowded. At the very least get rid of the insane two leg semi finals, that's just hugely unnecessary.

Moronic negative comments based on nothing other than a user’s own preconceived ideas rather than demonstrable facts are annoying. So you do you and I’ll continue doing me, I’ve experience at it.
Life is so tiring isn't it.

If they're introducing one, IMO it should be at the start of Jan directly after the Christmas and New Year schedule

I like the fact that three games are played in quick succession over the holidays as it gives something back to the supporters, but some "lesser" clubs take the piss by playing weakened teams where they believe there's no chance of getting a result, so a break directly after this period makes sense
Agree, we didn't play a home match last season between Xmas day and NYD, then got Watford when everyone was back at work. All teams should play on NYD then take a two weeks break, gives the supporters a chance to rest the liver and save a few quid after the expensive festive holiday.

So I'm guessing that there won't be a single Saturday 3pm kick off in those 2 weeks? 5 fixtures each weekend, 5 usual tv kick off times (Saturday 12.30 & 5.30, Sunday 1.30 & 4.00 And then Monday night).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.