Premium bonds

Probably half a million

Much better ways to invest your money, and these odd £100 payouts are just appeasing people
I wish Chris . If i had half a million to invest i`d have retired by now ! I do have money tied up in other investments and realise i could get a better return on my £50,000 but it brings a bit of interest at the beginning of every month .

I wish Chris . If i had half a million to invest i`d have retired by now ! I do have money tied up in other investments and realise i could get a better return on my £50,000 but it brings a bit of interest at the beginning of every month .
Everyone I know who have £10k or more in Premium Bonds, get a far better return than an ISA. It's less risk than alot of investments.

Everyone I know who have £10k or more in Premium Bonds, get a far better return than an ISA. It's less risk than alot of investments.
A cash ISA (now) is up to about 5% (it has been pretty bad for a few years). I am in the lucky position to have maxed out Premium bonds , but after 5 years of that, I've achieved about 1.5% (per year)... so I really don't agree with that. But maybe I'm just unlucky...

If you've got £50,000 in bonds, and also have other investments, then I think you're probably doing just fine without my flippant advice.

I'm aiming my opinion at those who just have bonds, as I genuinely think you're losing money on the whole if that's your only investment.

I was given five Premium Bonds on my fifth birthday, in 1960. Nothing doing so far, but I won’t bother cashing them in

All the big winners always seem to be in fucking Devon and Cornwall and fucking Essex…………….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.