Presenters and pundits who should be “retired” immediately

Glenn bastard hoddle, Jamie bastard redknapp, Garth bastard crooks, harry twitching bastard redknapp, any othler bastard ex spurs bastard who commentates, who's that bastard who played for spurs...........Jermaine bastard jeans, I mean, what the holy fuck, that Richard dunne fella is ok though

david fucking pleat. what a boring ****. i think he commentated on the Bournemouth match here in Oz and all you heard was defoe this spurs that, spurs, spurs, defoe. i think u get the picture. and his comments on that tackle in the game where jesus nearly lost a leg was nothing wrong with that. guys a prick.

urrrrggggghhhhhhhhh. rant over

Owen is definitely the worst I've heard. Glad BT eventually sorted that.

Neville surprised me at first with his insight but recently he has started to spout bits of shit. The Mane red card for example where he was so matter of fact that it wasn't a red card offense.

If they culled the ones who cannot use English grammatically correctly there would only be a few left for starters.

Owen is definitely the worst I've heard. Glad BT eventually sorted that.

Neville surprised me at first with his insight but recently he has started to spout bits of shit. The Mane red card for example where he was so matter of fact that it wasn't a red card offense.

Since Neville's glorious Valencia experience, his balance seems to have taken a big hit.

About the only one I can think of who brings knowledge and impartiality to his comments is Jermaine Jenas. If he criticises City yer know it's deserved. He doesn't go overboard but his comments are fair and he doesn't appear to bring all the baggage of his ex-teams with him - something which near everyone else never fail to do. The rest have a club perspective that glows with a ferocity that would light up a every set of floodlights in the league for the entire season.

Where to start. Probably quicker to just list the better ones, but not as much fun! The most obvious example right now is Jamie Carragher, who seems to think that only KDB would make his team of the season so far from the league leaders, whereas Coutinho and Eden Hazard, who have been mostly injured started less then 5 games this season between them, the latter being hauled off in his single start after a mostly ineffective display against us, both waltz in.

Pig Scholes is another who is less use than a turd sandwich at a royal gala. Actually, he is the turd sandwich at a royal gala. Kind of hope he steps into this Oldham job as he''ll crash and burn, sorry Oldham fans.

But nowadays unfortunately when you see the word pundit you don't associate with knowledgeable, insightful or fair. Most suffer from verbal diahorrea and have blinding bias either for or against certain teams due to being too unprofessional to be able to give reasoned responses.

Probably off topic as this thread is likely intended for discussion of English announcers.

My take on US announcers:

Nearly every US broadcast team is terrible, though ESPN brings in Champion (wonderful) and Dark (OK, but seems lacking game knowledge at times - still far better than most other US broadcasters), while Fox occasionally has Dyer (solid) as play-by-play commentators. Every other "US announcer" (i.e., an announcer that's a regular part of a US broadcast team regardless of citizenship) that I can think of at the moment is horrible - butchering names of players, rarely offering insight, plain boring.

The "color" announcers in US broadcasts are even worse (other than Twellman at ESPN); punditry is content-free and is usually along the lines of (wow! did you see how far so-and-so kicked the ball) or some such trite observation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.