Press conference - Now 5pm

His English was good enough to deflect some of the questions without giving a straight answer, especially the one about the unhappy fans. Until we have had 3 to 6 month of his regime I shall reserve my judgement.

One thing he will have to do is to remember that he is not in Italy now. "In Italy we.........., In Italy I" was mentioned too many times. And before you go on about "well that's where he worked" yes I agree with that but you have to acknowledge that he is now in the Premier League and not the cheating Italian league!! One hell of a difference.

Gary Cook: "Me thinks you doth protest too much" matey. Looked like he was lying through his teeth!!

Neil McNab said:
Sven mark II here we come!
Pissed off, he's a Robinho arse licker just as I suspected, all downhill from here if this cnut is going to give that little turd carte blanche!
Cook is a clumbsy orator with all the charm of a cranky old git!
The players are in charge now as this bloke's a yes man and a lame duck.

agree completely
RM wasn't really rated at all in italy too, another Ciro Ferrara imo

Neil McNab said:
mcfc_nick said:
stop acting like a twat!
The Hughes era went wrong because he persisted with players who were ineffective and petulant, I was never convinced all the signings were his or that he would have put up with them without pressure from cook (quotes over the weekend hinting at this). Mancini is in place because Cook and the PR men want big names like Robinho even if they are shit.
I'm not a twat thanks, just a fan that thinks that players who perform for us are what it's all about and those that take the piss should fuck off!
I'll give Mancini a chance, but it could blow our top 4 chances if he takes 10 games to realise that certain players are just piss taking leaches!
Think its a bit harsh calling Robinho shite. FFS.

Personally think its up to the manager to get a system to get the most out of Robinho. For me its probably just behind the striker(s) so he's not isolated but to call him shit. Harsh, 15 goals last year. Without them probably would have gone down.

Eccles Blue said:
His English was good enough to deflect some of the questions without giving a straight answer, especially the one about the unhappy fans. Until we have had 3 to 6 month of his regime I shall reserve my judgement.

One thing he will have to do is to remember that he is not in Italy now. "In Italy we.........., In Italy I" was mentioned too many times. And before you go on about "well that's where he worked" yes I agree with that but you have to acknowledge that he is now in the Premier League and not the cheating Italian league!! One hell of a difference.

Gary Cook: "Me thinks you doth protest too much" matey. Looked like he was lying through his teeth!!

spot on about Cook, press are going to have a field day with him in the morning papers. not surprised, he didnt look convincing at all. looked like he was lying, and all that about 2 wks ago to discuss "general football", i mean honestly!
but anyway, onwards and upwards with Mancini i reckon!

Thought he came across well. I liked his out look when he said these things happen in football when asked about Bellers, said, he loved his manager once and then he was gone, but he got over it.. i agree with the poster who said he should give Cooke a slap, leaving him to answer some of the questions aimed at the board.

Eccles Blue said:

Didnt like it when the press made out he wasnt really wanted. They are like fucking vultures and are going to after him at every opportunity.

Damocles said:
Neil McNab said:
Sven mark II here we come!
Pissed off, he's a Robinho arse licker just as I suspected, all downhill from here if this cnut is going to give that little turd carte blanche!
Cook is a clumbsy orator with all the charm of a cranky old git!
The players are in charge now as this bloke's a yes man and a lame duck.

You have no clue about Mancini obviously. Your post is the equivalent of calling Pearce a quiet lad, who rarely loses his temper.
So you know Mancini, I'm impressed at the proffesional circles in which you move, or are you going off what you've read. He has a reputation of a laid back style of man management reminescent of the swede!

Gary has come across very well, there was obviously an inside leak at MCFC, in most businesses a replacement manager will be sourced before hand- His comments about conspiracies are in reply to some of what has been said on Bluemoon over the last few days. I know the club was mortified at the revelations made during the game on SSN- FFS, Friday we were getting Guus Hiddink, Mancini HAD never been mentioned so it was a closely guarded secret, maybe someone loyal to Mark thought F*ck this, I am going to make a bob before I go? That is the only conspiracy IMO.
Mark leaving the pitch can be interpretated anyway you want but the fact that SSN were showing it saying "This is a man who knows he won't be back" has stirred the imagination.
Sorry to see Mark go but welcome Roberto, hopefully you will push team spirit further.

Very happy with Mancini's comments! Optimistic, confident and positive. He knew a lot more about City and the league than I expected. I am particularly happy about his comments on Robinho; I expect he will get the best out of him, and maybe listen to some players.

Garry cook was clearly under pressure, and I would blame that as much on some comments on here than the media, but he did admit that the decision to replace Hughes was discussed 3 weeks ago... Yes Mancini spoke to Khaldoon 2 weeks ago, and after spurs he was contacted again.

Mancini is going to take us the step further, Cook will not accept second best and the owners and chairman want success as much as us.

Cook should have come out and said 'we have been playing poorly for a couple of months now and so we decided to consider our options. Surrendering a winning position to Hull at home was the last straw and so we decided to take up our preffered option'

The truth is your friend Gary, there is no need to lie !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.