Prestwich Blue - Daily Mail article 2008

Pretty sure last summer he told the M.E.N he doesn't even watch us TV unless it's the derby. The thing I find hollow about his argument is that he is of the generation who enjoyed the success and glamour of the club fifty years or so ago. If you're a Manchester kid or someone with affinity with the club enjoying the success and glamour of the club now, then this is your Bell-Summerbee-Lee era. You should be able to enjoy that without people calling you a JCL just because you weren't born in the 50s. There have always been ups and downs for the club and there have always been Blues. He seems to think it should have been our destiny to stay struggling, but if, in a Sliding Doors scenario, we had maintained the success of the Mercer-Allison era we probably would have ended up in the same place as we are now anyway. He's also exaggerating. The club can't have 'lost it's soul' because the core fanbase is still from the same places it always was. He is just older now, bored of it and chooses to see the background of our ownership as a personal insult.
My dad's in his 80s, was there through the Mercer years and before and he'll happily tell you he's never seen anything like we've had recently, especially under Pep. Took him quite a while to accept Aguero was as good as Law had been the first time he played for us.

He's also thrilled with all the development in the area, especially the training complex that he remembers when it was factories and contaminated land. He'll say he hopes to still be around to see what the ground looks like with the latest expansion and the hotel etc.

I think the only one thinking it was better in the 60s is Colin Schindler and I can't help but wonder why he has such a problem with our owners and hope I'm wrong in my concern presumption.

I know little about him. Not a name that came to mind.
Just google RICHER THAN GOD mate

Guardian writer who supported City as a child, but nowadays appears more focused on pleasing the Liverpool clickbait mindset.

His book was also full of incorrect predictions, but more from the views of a left wing politician who refused to believe that the takeover would be great for East Manchester.

Just google RICHER THAN GOD mate

Guardian writer who supported City as a child, but nowadays appears more focused on pleasing the Liverpool clickbait mindset.

His book was also full of incorrect predictions, but more from the views of a left wing politician who refused to believe that the takeover would be great for East Manchester.
Thanks , couldn't have put it better myself

My dad's in his 80s, was there through the Mercer years and before and he'll happily tell you he's never seen anything like we've had recently, especially under Pep. Took him quite a while to accept Aguero was as good as Law had been the first time he played for us.

He's also thrilled with all the development in the area, especially the training complex that he remembers when it was factories and contaminated land. He'll say he hopes to still be around to see what the ground looks like with the latest expansion and the hotel etc.

I think the only one thinking it was better in the 60s is Colin Schindler and I can't help but wonder why he has such a problem with our owners and hope I'm wrong in my concern presumption.
This crossed my mind when Schindler first made his comments. His attitude toward our recent success is seriously unhinged & makes no sense, especially when it was posted he only ever watches us if it's a Derby on TV.

Like you, I hope my suspicions are wrong.

Last edited:
Nice one Prestwich blue, pushing back against the nonesense spoken about our club since day 1. Glad we don’t have to hear Schindler’s self pitying crap anymore.

They understand our relationship with the club and what we want from it, off the field as well as on it. And they are delivering'.

I wonder as a fan base if we still think this is true?
I'm sad to say I don't.
The investment in the club, the infrastructure, and surrounding area has been outstanding. I take my hat off to the owner(s) for that.
But in terms of the relationship, I'm afraid they've lost their way and trod the well worn path of other clubs.
Making money is now the sole purpose of our club. We'll collect plenty of trophies along the way but recently it's not the same IMHO

I believe he’s the only “known” supporter to be opposed to the current regime. I’ve certainly never heard of anyone else having such vicious opposition to them.

I didn’t particularly want Thaksin Shinawatra as he was such a publicity hungry egotist; but still attended.
Not sure about known but WSC managed to find some dickhead to write an article about the treble with minimum enthusiasm and claims about it "not being the same club".

Not sure about known but WSC managed to find some dickhead to write an article about the treble with minimum enthusiasm and claims about it "not being the same club".
I’ve always known who Colin Shindler is because of a book I’ve never read. I also think of people like Dave Wallace because of KOTK.

It also certainly is the same club. We all succeed and fail in life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.