Prestwich_Blue

Colin “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family.”
Great result get a new tattoo
I told you so!

@projectriver was pretty much bob on as well, with the exception being he thought the non cooperation had no merit
But I suppose UEFA's Christmas party has to be funded by someone
My point on non cooperation was it was highly subjective and would not in itself amount to a ban and therefore a red herring. That was correct.

I made my attitude to PB quite clear on the UEFA FFP thread a short while ago but I'm going to repeat it because it should be repeated over and over again.

When the ban was announced in February reaction among blues seemed to be one of two extremes : blind anger, wanting to "call them out". take 'em to the cleaners and so on or craven submission because "they must have something on us" and "evidence we don't know about". These were actually two faces of panic. The only, or at least one of a very few, calm, rational and informed analysis trying to understand what the issues were and where we actually stood were those vlogs which PB had done which cast the cool, objective accountant's eye over what was obviously the crucial evidence in the whole matter and relating it to time limits and so on. And this never stopped. While blues were vacillating wildly between euphoria and depression PB was keeping the voice of reason and objectivity still audible and explaining what the evidence was and what he had heard from those at the club, rather than the "gut instincts" that we'd be shafted "because that's what the cartel want". He was aided by others from the City hall of fame - projectriver, tolmie, Ric, petrusha to name but a few - and they kept the voice of fairness loud and strong in the face of the grating rants of the conn artists in the media. City had a case to make and they made it, cogently and firmly. Thanks PB. Thanks lads. You (and the club) meant I got a good night's sleep on Sunday and was in no way surprised when the decision was announced. Relieved but my nerves were nowhere near shredded.

PB is probably over on RAWK right now getting himself banned...:)

But yes indeed; gratitude is very much in order to PB, project, Tolmie, petrusha et al who kept many of us sane (not Leroy) this past few months with their reasoned and knowledgeable posts. Top top work guys. Thanks again.

Great work from Colin. PB has been relentless in fighting our corner throughout. He’s also emphasised that we would win the case on merit rather than escaping through just technicalities.

Great work from pb he’s certainly helped me understand a lot regards finance and mcfc. Well done, take a bow!

My point on non cooperation was it was highly subjective and would not in itself amount to a ban and therefore a red herring. That was correct.

The fine was for breaching article 56 procedure, which is basically not co-operating with Uefa during the investigation. If this was concerning out of date information which Uefa we're requesting then surely City had no legal duty to respond, thus no fine should have been given?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.