Price of Asahi Super Dry at ground

I’m sure some idiot would. Despite living in London at the time, I refused to pay something like £62 for Arsenal Away on pure principle.

Beer last night was £3.70 a pint.
That’s capitalism for you. If there is only one company providing food and drink to a stadium, they can charge what they like.

All a supporter can do is decided whether or not to buy.

I hardly ever buy anything in the stadium, but will occasionally. Asahi is far better than Amstel imho.

Last edited:
Come on mate, anyone who's anyone in Alty, knows the Brickies is an early-doors warm up pub for Ryan's Bar ; )

Alty's never recovered from the closing of the Grapes.
Or The Downs...anyone remember the guy who used to go around all the pubs in Alty selling cockles, mussels, prawn cocktail etc, in the 90s?

Talking of Alty they do a lovely pint of Guinness at Moss Lane. Wish we did Guinness on the concourses at the Etihad.

Or The Downs...anyone remember the guy who used to go around all the pubs in Alty selling cockles, mussels, prawn cocktail etc, in the 90s?

Talking of Alty they do a lovely pint of Guinness at Moss Lane. Wish we did Guinness on the concourses at the Etihad.
That happened in a lot of pubs in a lot of places, but not seen one since about 2007. Guinness doesn't last so football clubs that have it use cans and the ultrasonic machine to make it "draft", not convinced they make much difference though.

That happened in a lot of pubs in a lot of places, but not seen one since about 2007. Guinness doesn't last so football clubs that have it use cans and the ultrasonic machine to make it "draft", not convinced they make much difference though.
Guinness is so much better as a session beer imo, which is what you want for a match. Practically a health drink, low ABV and goes down easier than the Asahi that has me getting the omeprazole out after a matchday...since half the stands are selling Asahi in cans now, why not Guinness in a can? Sure it would sell just as well as that boozy Vimto they call cider...

Guinness is so much better as a session beer imo, which is what you want for a match. Practically a health drink, low ABV and goes down easier than the Asahi that has me getting the omeprazole out after a matchday...since half the stands are selling Asahi in cans now, why not Guinness in a can? Sure it would sell just as well as that boozy Vimto they call cider...

Probably down to time i imagine. Those machines they have that make the can into ‘draft’ is very clever but it’s not the quickest. Not ideal when every single person in the ground who wants a drink, wants one at exactly the same time.

The Downs was a bit too "cheshire" for me mate.

"prawns, cockles, mussels" in a poxy white tub with vinegar and the smallest fork known to man...

Them was the days.

I bought a pint of craft(y) ale and a packet of crisps at the Store Street Craft Bar opposite the Piccadilly Train Station ramp after the Fulham Match. It cost me £8! WTF!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.