Priced out?

DionsDublin

Team supported
Man City
Only in recent seasons have I been able to go to a few home games a season.
Being based in Dublin the cost to see a game can be varied. Especially if it’s a later kick off and a hotel is required.

Normally, I’ve got tickets through the Matchday Citizen account, however I’ve a fear that this coming season those tickets will be few and far between.

I got an email regarding hospitality pricing and it’s nuts.

Are they pricing fans out of going to the games at this stage?
Or maybe I am just being too sensitive to prices going up?

Just hospitality or normal tickets as well?
I’ve only seen the hospitality pricing but it’s fairly steep. Even category C games, which are only Brentford, Leicester and Southampton are £90 and that’s just for Joe’s bar.

Waiting for the Matchday Citizen release date to purchase tickets but have a fear there won’t be many.

Surely for anyone travelling from Dublin, the match ticket price would be a very small element of the total cost: match ticket, air fares, transfer costs, hotel, and eating out.

I know this from travelling from Edinburgh for many years. Ten years ago the hotel would cost £30-50, the train fare probably £30-40, meals around £25.

Now the hotel can cost £80-120, the train fare £60-80, and the meal nearer £50.

Ok the match ticket has increased in price but nothing on the scale of the other elements, probably less than 10% of the total outlay.

Being based in Dublin the cost to see a game can be varied. Especially if it’s a later kick off and a hotel is required.

Normally, I’ve got tickets through the Matchday Citizen account, however I’ve a fear that this coming season those tickets will be few and far between.

Another moaning **** someone has to pay for all these lawyers expenses

I doubt that you'll get much sympathy from local fans who have seen season tickets, food, beer and travel costs rise every season.

Sorry to sound callous but you're at the back of the queue I'm afraid - especially if you're lucky enough to be able to afford hospitality.

Being based in Dublin the cost to see a game can be varied. Especially lif it’s a later kick off and a hotel is required.

Let's address this huge white elephant that is stenching the place out.. Your username? Now, it's obvious you're from Dublin, and by the look of it called Dion.. but when you put them both together.. Jesus H Christ man! what was you thinking!!?

I doubt that you'll get much sympathy from local fans who have seen season tickets, food, beer and travel costs rise every season.

Sorry to sound callous but you're at the back of the queue I'm afraid - especially if you're lucky enough to be able to afford hospitality.
They fly over with their dad, stay at a hotel (at least overnight) and use the hospitality tickets at the ground for 4 or 5 PL games a season and the odd CL game. Sympathy can GTF. Oh, and they want a season ticket so the seat will be mostly empty or on the ticket exchange with yet another Chinese tourist sat there in their rags shirt with their phone up in the air for the entire match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.