Priced out?

Surely for anyone travelling from Dublin, the match ticket price would be a very small element of the total cost: match ticket, air fares, transfer costs, hotel, and eating out.

I know this from travelling from Edinburgh for many years. Ten years ago the hotel would cost £30-50, the train fare probably £30-40, meals around £25.

Now the hotel can cost £80-120, the train fare £60-80, and the meal nearer £50.

Ok the match ticket has increased in price but nothing on the scale of the other elements, probably less than 10% of the total outlay.
That’s my position, obviously cheaper tickets would be welcome, but whether a ticket is £60 or £40 makes little difference to my other costs of going to a game. I assume a lot of matchday buyers are in that position.

Only in recent seasons have I been able to go to a few home games a season.
Being based in Dublin the cost to see a game can be varied. Especially if it’s a later kick off and a hotel is required.

Normally, I’ve got tickets through the Matchday Citizen account, however I’ve a fear that this coming season those tickets will be few and far between.

I got an email regarding hospitality pricing and it’s nuts.

Are they pricing fans out of going to the games at this stage?
Or maybe I am just being too sensitive to prices going up?
I know how you feel, a while back getting tickets for games via Matchday Citizens was a piece of cake, last season it was much more difficult, a progression which has been evident with each passing season. I suspect it will be even worse next season.

The thread title seems a bit at odds with the actual opening post.

The main complaint appears to be about getting hold of tickets. If people were being priced out then presumably that wouldn’t be a problem?

The cost of a hotel on a Saturday now is a disgrace.I work every second weekend.On my rest days i can get 3 night's in Blackpool for the price of 1 night on a Manchester Saturday.
If i'm lucky i can get a local Travelodge for £50 for one night on a Saturday.
The way they work out the day of the fixtures does not help in anyway as well.
Add on for a 12.30 kick off i have to use two lieu days on the Friday and Saturday.
I have thought to myself if it would be worth it joining the Blackpool Supporters club.

The cost of a hotel on a Saturday now is a disgrace.I work every second weekend.On my rest days i can get 3 night's in Blackpool for the price of 1 night on a Manchester Saturday.
If i'm lucky i can get a local Travelodge for £50 for one night on a Saturday.
The way they work out the day of the fixtures does not help in anyway as well.
Add on for a 12.30 kick off i have to use two lieu days on the Friday and Saturday.
I have thought to myself if it would be worth it joining the Blackpool Supporters club.
The negative being you would have to stay in Blackpool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.