Priced out?

The cost of a hotel on a Saturday now is a disgrace.I work every second weekend.On my rest days i can get 3 night's in Blackpool for the price of 1 night on a Manchester Saturday.
If i'm lucky i can get a local Travelodge for £50 for one night on a Saturday.
The way they work out the day of the fixtures does not help in anyway as well.
Add on for a 12.30 kick off i have to use two lieu days on the Friday and Saturday.
I have thought to myself if it would be worth it joining the Blackpool Supporters club.
Just seen Paul Heaton announced tour this year, fancy Direct arena in Leeds end of Nov. £242 for premier inn across from arena on a Saturday night. Absolute joke.

The deciding factor in all this is...people are still paying though, so the events will keep charging and wring the neck until it squeals.

True mate, the point being is that the people with less money will be priced out of what is their sport that their class developed because of happy clappers.

Concert ticket prices are stupid too, unless you're like me and do the tribute bands etc.

They are only pricing fans out if there are empty seats (I'm talking about every club not just City) so as long as the seats are sold then monthly are not pricing fans out. Or customers maybe that should say
Just before we travelled to America in March, I phoned the club to put our tickets for the Arsenal, Villa and Luton games on the exchange.

Both tickets for the first two were resold in minutes, and those for Luton went pretty quickly too.

This experience has proved to me that the demand is there. Despite the jibes of opposition fans and some sections of the media, there are very few empty seats at Emptyhad.

Just seen Paul Heaton announced tour this year, fancy Direct arena in Leeds end of Nov. £242 for premier inn across from arena on a Saturday night. Absolute joke.

This has more or less put a stop to us attending mid week matches now or even 5pm ko.
We get tickets for a 3pm Saturday match and just hope a pray that the TV companies don't move it.

The last evening match we did the cheapest premier Inn type place was just short of Birmingham.

For a 5pm ko I get home about 2am.

Yes ticket prices are getting steep but the main reason we have reduced going is the cost of an over night stay. Gone are the days of 29quid family rooms. CL games before covid was about 60quid on the outskirts. It's easily double that now.

We use to do at least 10 home matches now we are down to 3 or 4 due to overnight costs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.