Primal Scream

Sheikh n Bake

Anybody else looking forward to their new album? I'm really looking forward to it, I gave their last album a miss but the new one seems to be a return to their experimental ways and I don't think there are enough experimental bands around these days. I've heard two songs off the new album and they wouldn't sound out of place on "Evil Heat", I'll leave that to you to decide if that's a good thing.

I always thought "Screamadelica" was criminally overrated but "XTRMNTR" is an awesome album.

you can download a track off the new album for free off their website

I'm not really feeling the new single to tell you the truth. I liked their last album, I thought it was just a fun rock n roll album in tribute to NY Dolls, Johnny Thunders, Stones etc.

My favourite Primal Scream however is the very early jangly as fuck Primal Scream.

Velocity Girl = Perfect.

best album they've done is "Give Out But Don't Give In"

"Riot City Blues" was pretty good too

Sonic Flower Groove is my favourite but Xtrmntr is a cracking album and probably their most inventive.

Screamadelica - good album, but never feel like putting it on
Vanashing point - some great tracks, bit directionless at other points
Give out but don't give up - garbage.

haven't listened to the other albums much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.