Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Sergio in his pomp was absolutely unplayable, a fizzing ball of electricity, he could score a goal from anywhere, outpace defences, dribble past multiple defenders, find half a yard in the box with incredible movement and had a perfect first touch.

Erling had an incredible first season but we can’t put him alongside the incomparable Sergio just yet. Clive Allen scored 49 goals in a season once - superb striker was Clive but not quite in Sergio’s class.

Sergio in his pomp was absolutely unplayable, a fizzing ball of electricity, he could score a goal from anywhere, outpace defences, dribble past multiple defenders, find half a yard in the box with incredible movement and had a perfect first touch.

Erling had an incredible first season but we can’t put him alongside the incomparable Sergio just yet. Clive Allen scored 49 goals in a season once - superb striker was Clive but not quite in Sergio’s class.

Haaland must be better than Augero as I’ve never heard of him

Aguero.

Current Haaland is injured.

Current Aguero is a 35-year-old ex-player with heart issue and completely out of shape to play at the highest level.

Prime pre injuries Aguero for me but it’s difficult to say.

Haaland would score more still but Aguero had more to his game, and big match winning moments which I think Haaland lacks.

Haaland has also fair share of big match winning moments (United, Bayern, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.)

A striker is judged for his goalscoring production. The main objective in a football game is to win games by outscoring your opponent.

With Haaland, Man City have basically a 1-0 lead before the game has even started.

I am a massive, massive fan of Haaland. But with your reasoning of "having more to his game", do you assume the likes of Alexander Isak, Darwin Nunez, Julian Alvarez, Gabriel Jesus, Ivan Toney etc. are superior all-around strikers than Haaland for that reason? And I haven't even mentioned strikers outside the Prem.

Sergio - always found a way in the biggest of matches and scored goals from literally nothing.

Sergio. He could produce a goal out of nothing.

Produce goals out of nothing ≠ better player

I'd agree with this

However Haaland has only had one season. Should he stay here for multiple years, he may get those big key moments too.

In terms of pure goalscoring, it looks as though Haaland is going to a cut above but time will tell on that too.

The real answer is Haaland hasn't been here long enough to make a fair comparison.

Looking Haaland and Aguero respective numbers between the age of 18-23, it's safe to assume Haaland's stats completely blows Aguero out of the water in comparison.

If Man City needed a striker and both Haaland and Aguero were available on the market as 21 year olds, everyone would choose Haaland without a doubt.

Too early to say. I think Haaland would have had an even more ridiculous goal tally if he was dropped into our 17-19 sides

Absolutely, and this is something a lot of people don't really seem to realize. Haaland makes loads of runs that's getting ignored by his teammates.

Pep clearly doesn’t use Haaland's strenghts to it's full potential and the Norweigan is still an outrageous goalscoring machine. It's a testamente of his insane talent.

It’s a bit unfair considering Sergio has etched himself into the hearts of us all and his time here coincided with us becoming the team we are today.
Haaland will go on to have the more distinguished career I think by the time he hangs his boots up. He will likely retire as one of if not the best goal scorer to play the game.
But it’s Sergio , I mean, his smile melts you and if it doesn’t then you’re dead inside :-)

Haaland (and Mbappe) are the only active U25 players who could retire today as one of the best forwards in history. Haaland's numbers are ridiculous for Norway and every club bar Molde.

Sergio the better player with superior technique it is a shame Pep and Aguero didn't get more years together, Haaland is the better athlete and has better physical qualities.

You also forgot Haaland is objectively a far superior goalscorer, the only thing that matters when it comes to strikers.

As good as Haaland is I think prime Aguero in the current team would score tons. Both are awesome.

Prime Aguero was never a goalscoring phenom like Haaland who has produced over 1 goal a game regardless of competiton or the level of quality of his supporting cast.

Absolutely no way he would score ton in the current iteration of Man City.

Aguero. Played in an inferior side than we have now in his peak years and when he was less troubled by injuries. In ten years with us I think he only played 30 games or more in half those seasons. A fully fit and prime Aguero is almost untouchable. IF he'd stayed fit and was the same age as Haaland last year I believe he gets an obscene amount of goals.

Whilst impressive numbers Haaland's walked into a team that had already won the title in 4 out the past 5 seasons. I think any top drawer goalscorer would return daft numbers. I'm sure Kane would have got a bucket-load for us but Haaland has age on his side.

Aguero played in inferior Man City teams? The Centurions + 2018-19 Man City are some of the best teams in Premier League history...

It's very close.

Sergio's best season was 14/15 he scored 26 goals in 33 games Haaland absolutely wiped it out in his 1st season.

Not close my arse

Yeah, Haaland equalled Aguero’s highest goalscoring EPL record in February or something lol.

Current Aguero is a 35-year-old ex-player with heart issue and completely out of shape to play at the highest level.

Haaland has also fair share of big match winning moments (United, Bayern, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.)

A striker is judged for his goalscoring production. The main objective in a football game is to win games by outscoring your opponent.

With Haaland, Man City have basically a 1-0 lead before the game has even started.

I am a massive, massive fan of Haaland. But with your reasoning of "having more to his game", do you assume the likes of Alexander Isak, Darwin Nunez, Julian Alvarez, Gabriel Jesus, Ivan Toney etc. are superior all-around strikers than Haaland for that reason? And I haven't even mentioned strikers outside the Prem.

Looking Haaland and Aguero respective numbers between the age of 18-23, it's safe to assume Haaland's stats completely blows Aguero out of the water in comparison.

If Man City needed a striker and both Haaland and Aguero were available on the market as 21 year olds, everyone would choose Haaland without a doubt.

Absolutely, and this is something a lot of people don't really seem to realize. Haaland makes loads of runs that's getting ignored by his teammates.

Pep clearly doesn’t use Haaland's strenghts to it's full potential and the Norweigan is still an outrageous goalscoring machine. It's a testamente of his insane talent.

Haaland (and Mbappe) are the only active U25 players who could retire today as one of the best forwards in history. Haaland's numbers are ridiculous for Norway and every club bar Molde.

You also forgot Haaland is objectively a far superior goalscorer, the only thing that matters when it comes to strikers.

Prime Aguero was never a goalscoring phenom like Haaland who has produced over 1 goal a game regardless of competiton or the level of quality of his supporting cast.

Aguero played in inferior Man City teams? The Centurions + 2018-19 Man City are some of the best teams in Premier League history...

Yeah, Haaland equalled Aguero’s highest goalscoring EPL record in February or something lol.

I said prime Aguero. As good and exciting as that side was on a personal level he wasn't at his peak then and it was his 8th season for us. 29 or 30 years old and already compromised by numerous injuries.

The question was prime Aguero, not retired Aguero.

Current Haaland is as much use as retired Aguero.

Jesus Christ are you his girlfriend

Alright Erling!

His username checks out.

He’s probably a Haaland fanboy, rather than a City fan.
Tbf it’s a bit of a shitty question to ask at this point in Haalands time with us.
Haaland will smash Agueros goal scoring records and win far more trophies by the time he leaves us but he’s 1 and a half seasons in and Sergio is a club legend.
Most answers will be different in 3 years time.

Tbf it’s a bit of a shitty question to ask at this point in Haalands time with us.
Haaland will smash Agueros goal scoring records and win far more trophies by the time he leaves us but he’s 1 and a half seasons in and Sergio is a club legend.
Most answers will be different in 3 years time.
Absolutely. Even if they played together and scored 40 and 50 goals each, it wouldn’t matter.

A Talksport question.

It also means that either answer can’t be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.