Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Haaland’s first season stats tell us he’s a phenomenal player and I’m not sure what Aguero’s best season tally was but it wasn’t anywhere near haaland,but for the big game mentality and needing a goal in key moments it’s also Aguero for me ..
Aguero was constantly being dropped/rested just after he was bang in form to give Jesus some game time...it normally knocked him a bit out of kilter for a game or two then hed go on a run and same would happen again. Aguero never played the volume of games Erling did (maybe his body couldnt) but if Sergio was always a guaranteed starter under Pep and kept away from muscle niggles he would not have been far off Erlings numbers.
He should never have been rested when he was on one of those mad runs of this, which he far too often was. Although the team did not too bad by adopting this strategy to be fair.

In centurion season Sergio got 30 goals. Jesus got 17 -he probably replaced Sergio in most of the games he scored in and probably missed 50% of chances in top of that, so he would have got 25...add that to Sergios tally and you may argue Sergio would have got 55 (ie. in Erlings range)....Yes I know this is fraught with what ifs but I dont think we actually saw Sergios maximum numbers. (albeit the way he was looked after probably prolonged his career in long run) Interesting debate thats for sure.

(I mean in general, not the one I appear to be having with myself!)

Last edited:
Aguero was constantly being dropped/rested just after he was bang in form to give Jesus some game time...it normally knocked him a bit out of kilter for a game or two then hed go on a run and same would happen again. Aguero never played the volume of games Erling did (maybe his body couldnt) but if Sergio was always a guaranteed starter under Pep and kept away from muscle niggles he would not have been far off Erlings numbers.
He should never have been rested when he was on one of those mad runs of this, which he far too often was. Although the team did not too bad by adopting this strategy to be fair.
I’ll never forget Aguero being taken off after about 65 mins against Newcastle when he scored 5.

Pellegrini said in his interview that it was to rest Aguero and prevent injury.

Aguero subsequently went to play for Argentina and did his hamstring.

He could have had 8 that day!

I’ll never forget Aguero being taken off after about 65 mins against Newcastle when he scored 5.

Pellers was trying to learn from when he played Negredo with a dodgy shoulder in a league cup final semi final second leg when we was 6:0 up from first leg....Negredo got clobbered and was never the same player after that!...bit of overthinking by the old man..(at least I think thats what Alan Pardew called him)

I agree and I was fuming with the incompetant old buffoon for subbing Aguero and denying him the chance to score the most goals in a PL game.

I'm sure the question has already been asked. Any chance of both Haaland and Agüero?
David Silva, De Bruyne Foden and Fernandinho.
Zabaletta, Kompany Stones and Walker
 Ederson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.