Prime Aguero or present Haaland

This is the correct answer. Both bring different qualities, it just depends what a fan values more. We were winning titles with both playing their key parts, so the end results is the same.

Aguero produced some of the biggest moments for us, so there's a strong emotional attachment from some of us towards Aguero. I don't how many "Haaland stans" actually watched Aguero, but he was magic for us, from Mancini, to Pellegrini, to Pep.

Haaland no doubt, an incredible goalscorer. I think all football fans love goals, and Haaland brings that in spades. I have little doubt by the end of his time with us, he will be regarded as the most incredible goalscorer the league has ever witnessed. The man is a freak of nature.

I'm just delighted I got to witness both play for City.
Fair enough, Aguero is a legend, no doubt. I ve been watching City since 2010. I do not want to dimnish Aguero in the slightest.

But factually "the end results" are not the same. We won UCL with Haaland and the Treble, and Haaland broke PL goals record for a single season in his first season.

But factually "the end results" are not the same.

True.

On the one hand, we had better league seasons with Aguero: 100 and 98 pts. But we never won the CL and 3 leagues in a row.

On the other hand, we didn't have such great league seasons with Haaland, but won the Treble and 4 in a row.

Also, it's arguably more difficult to perform well in the league after you had won it 1-2 times.

So, winning the league for a 3rd and 4th time in a row is not a lesser achievement than a 100 pts season. Liverpool had 99 and 97 pts seasons after all, but they were nowhere near winning the Treble and 3 in a row.

Last edited:
Haaland.
Sergio is a legend, but this guy is something else. Time some started realising it.
It’s certainly time that some give Haaland a bit more respect. Some of the comments are mental.
Sergio will always have a special place in all blues hearts so Haaland was on a loser from the very start of the thread, could score 50 a season for next 5 years and still wouldn’t be enough for some to think he’s been better.

Its not a slight on either. I just prefer the player with the most football talent.
I love them both and Haaland is an absolute monster but I take it from that sentence that you think Aguero had more football talent?

When the purpose of the sport is to put the ball in the net, then it’s arguable that no one has ever had more football talent than Haaland.

But I also find this thread tedious, we should accept we’re so incredibly lucky to have had the chance to watch, support and celebrate with both. Go back to August 31st 2008 me and tell me what I know now and I’d have had you sectioned.

I love them both and Haaland is an absolute monster but I take it from that sentence that you think Aguero had more football talent?

When the purpose of the sport is to put the ball in the net, then it’s arguable that no one has ever had more football talent than Haaland.

But I also find this thread tedious, we should accept we’re so incredibly lucky to have had the chance to watch, support and celebrate with both. Go back to August 31st 2008 me and tell me what I know now and I’d have had you sectioned.
Agree with almost all of that but we will leave what's constitues talent for another time, hopefully never as that would go around and around forever on here. Imagine having to pick a best 11 since the takeover. Impossible, couldn't get close.

Agree with almost all of that but we will leave what's constitues talent for another time, hopefully never as that would go around and around forever on here. Imagine having to pick a best 11 since the takeover. Impossible, couldn't get close.
David Silva is in it and I’ll fight anyone to the death who leaves him out.. :-)

The thread title says PRIME Aguero, Aguero also did much more work on other parts of play. If you remember Aguero had to adapt to Pep, Pep has had to adapt to Haaland.

Aguero was easily the better footballer Haaland is more of a physical specimen.
Aguero had just turned 28 when Pep joined. I don't remember him being past his prime those days.

Aguero had just turned 28 when Pep joined. I don't remember him being past his prime those days.
He wouldn't get into the style of play within a week would he plus injuries eventually slowed him down earlier than it should have. Constantly having to get match fit and in the rhythm of the game didn't help. Aguero wasn't at his absolute best for the majority of his later years with pep.
Shame really he could have got close to the prem goal scoring record without the injuries.

Top.top player was Serge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.