Prison Doc CH4

Scottyboi

Did anyone watch it this week? Real eye opener thought it was funny,sad and depressing all at the same time. 4 prisons sharing a dog sniffer ffs. It's awful how under staffed and under funded it is. Just sending people back on to the streets with drug addictions and no hope of a better future. The whole thing needs a revamp.

I agree pointless exercise, system in pieces. thoroughly depressed me.

Some hopeless cases in there who are beyond help, what the hell are the staff supposed to do.

You want depressing, you'd want to be in Ireland when some major drugs gangs took out contracts on the Springer Spaniel that did sniffer work at Mountjoy.

That's fucking snide :( doesn't surprise me though.
Tbf, the prison service and the gardai publicised it when they heard about it and the cunts backed off, but a depressing time all the same. Poor dog was only doing his job and by all accounts brilliantly.

I agree pointless exercise, system in pieces. thoroughly depressed me.

Some hopeless cases in there who are beyond help, what the hell are the staff supposed to do.

Just a vicious circle, majority will just reoffend as they have fuck all else in life but drugs or alcohol. The lad with serious mental health issues was tough to watch you could tell gangs took advantage of him for financial game.

Tbf, the prison service and the gardai publicised it when they heard about it and the cunts backed off, but a depressing time all the same. Poor dog was only doing his job and by all accounts brilliantly.

Some seriously dangerous men in them Irish gangs wonder how many are ex IRA or still active and have turned their attention elsewhere.

The general public are somehow reassured that prison is an entity that both punishes and sooths, for victims and offender. It is none of those things and it is a beast all of its own dynamic. Ask any prison officer and they will tell you that they lost all control and authority years ago with the austerity measures. All jails run on the goodwill of the inmates not to cause any significant upset, let alone riot. The state does not manage or operate offenders in prison in the way that those who hope to see people locked do. They are winging it and no more

Some seriously dangerous men in them Irish gangs wonder how many are ex IRA or still active and have turned their attention elsewhere.
Fuck all ex IRA mate, the IRA prefer to tax the gangs rather than do anything themselves. Had a couple of explosive situations over the last while where the gangs have gotten brave enough to refuse to pay their tax. Fuckers don't have the support they used to have but they probably won't go away as long as NI is an issue.

The general public are somehow reassured that prison is an entity that both punishes and sooths, for victims and offender. It is none of those things and it is a beast all of its own dynamic. Ask any prison officer and they will tell you that they lost all control and authority years ago with the austerity measures. All jails run on the goodwill of the inmates not to cause any significant upset, let alone riot. The state does not manage or operate offenders in prison in the way that those who hope to see people locked do. They are winging it and no more

Yet when you go on social media people just waffle on about how easy it is inside, looks anything but!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.