Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

The key question should be why are these people coming here?
The answer is becuase of our generous benefits system. I have to work 2 jobs to survive, get taxed to the hilt -
yet I believe these migrants get free entitlements galore upon arrival.
It really does piss me off to be honest whilst the goverment can't find homes for some of our own.
This country is broken beyond repair.
It really isn’t. They get less benefits than they would in mainland Europe.

Gutted to know the government is like this. I am Labour but moderate and believe we balance free market and public protection. The government are people trafficking.
Just out of interest what is the alternative then?
To be honest I am sick and tired of seeing the RLNI boating these people in as are many others.
We cannot take everyone in surely?

I know I'm answering myself here but I've already seen Johnson on TV this morning talking about withdrawing from the ECHR, and the Mail and other Tory sponsored media are in full EU/ECHR bashing mode. Sounds dramatic but this current government are using the same playbook as Trump and many authoritarian regimes that spent years getting rid of checks and balances to give themselves more power, with attacks on the legislature and judiciary becoming part of normal government activity. It remains to be seen what stunts they will pull to persuade people to forget about partygate and all their policy failures and re-elect them. This Rwanda scheme has over 40% of the population supporting it, and a few more populist divisive policies to stoke the culture wars over the next year or two could easily tip the balance back to them.

I was amazed last night to hear that 30% of Labour voters supported it compared to 70% of Tories.

Unbelievable how anyone can support such a morally corrupt and cruel policy like this and I’m someone who has and always will support immigration control but it has to be both legally and morally done correctly.

The key question should be why are these people coming here?
The answer is becuase of our generous benefits system. I have to work 2 jobs to survive, get taxed to the hilt -
yet I believe these migrants get free entitlements galore upon arrival.
It really does piss me off to be honest whilst the goverment can't find homes for some of our own.
This country is broken beyond repair.
That's bollocks.

As far as anyone knew, the big Rwandan airlift was getting under way yesterday. The big plus for implementing it was they were providing a huge deterrent to people coming over on boats. 400 arrived yesterday, suggesting the deterrent effect was somewhat overestimated. Considering who’s in charge we shouldn’t really be that surprised, I don’t suppose..

So why are they coming here then, I will have to disagree with you to be honest.

You’d have to ask them. I doubt it is always for the same reason.

It’s usually because they speak English or they have family here (family who often arrived here because they spoke English)

We don’t get many refugees from North and West Africa because they were colonised by the French and Belgians, so they go to France and Belgium - like Pierre Kompany.

So why are they coming here then, I will have to disagree with you to be honest.
You realise far fewer come here than almost any other country in Europe?
They come her because English is the globally spoken language and they may have friends and family here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.