Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

It’s usually because they speak English or they have family here (family who often arrived here because they spoke English)
That’s one of the reasons. The Pound used to be stronger against their own currencies and they could send money back to help their families/people etc.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter why they have chosen us, they have and if they qualify for asylum, they can settle here.

The Tories don’t want this, so they make it as hard as possible to actually apply. This means these people have to take drastic means to get here to apply. Therefore we have “dinghy people” and traffickers.

The key question should be why are these people coming here?
The answer is becuase of our generous benefits system. I have to work 2 jobs to survive, get taxed to the hilt -
yet I believe these migrants get free entitlements galore upon arrival.
It really does piss me off to be honest whilst the goverment can't find homes for some of our own.
This country is broken beyond repair.
Yet another myth. They get benefits and free entitlement because they are not allowed to work until they have had their claim processed. This is taking over 2 years at present. Not sure what you mean by ‘free entitlements galore’. I am sure that they would love to ‘work 2 jobs to survive’ but they aren’t allowed to. Stupid really as we are desperate for low paid, unskilled workers because our economy is geared to ‘high skills, high wages’. Aren’t we??

As someone has already mentioned we take the fewest refugees of any country in Europe.

Yet another myth. They get benefits and free entitlement because they are not allowed to work until they have had their claim processed. This is taking over 2 years at present. Not sure what you mean by ‘free entitlements galore’. I am sure that they would love to ‘work 2 jobs to survive’ but they aren’t allowed to. Stupid really as we are desperate for low paid, unskilled workers because our economy is geared to ‘high skills, high wages’. Aren’t we??

As someone has already mentioned we take the fewest refugees of any country in Europe.

People who are upset about refugees living off the state should be furious that the British government is forcing them to pay on average £5000 per person to get into this country illegally, instead of being granted asylum properly and having that money to start their new lives in the UK.

OK point taken and maybe I need to stop reading the Express - but this issue is not getting sorted out properly still is it?
We are over populated, the NHS is buckling, we have a lot of housing issues and people here can't house some of our own people. These are facts.
I personally wanted to stay in the EU and don't believe in Brexit and a lot of the issues we are having currently at the airports etc has been caused by Brexit.
I don't want people dying trying to get over the channel like we saw last year and this Rwanda plan is flawed but something has to be done to stop this and no policy is going to win everyone over.

In truth I think this policy is more about triggering their base than anything else.

The numbers we can ship to Rwanda are small and there is a reciprocal agreement.

This policy was never intended to solve the ‘problem’, which,for me, makes it even more heartless.

OK point taken and maybe I need to stop reading the Express - but this issue is not getting sorted out properly still is it?
We are over populated, the NHS is buckling, we have a lot of housing issues and people here can't house some of our own people. These are facts.
I personally wanted to stay in the EU and don't believe in Brexit and a lot of the issues we are having currently at the airports etc has been caused by Brexit.
I don't want people dying trying to get over the channel like we saw last year and this Rwanda plan is flawed but something has to be done to stop this and no policy is going to win everyone over.
Let’s take up your points, fair to be honest.

NHS is ‘buckling’ because of lack of investment over the last 10 years - 100k staff short.
Housing shortage, again, is lack of investment. Could be sorted by more houses; more houses means cheaper houses because there are more on the market; the same goes for rented accommodation.

The people who come here as refugees are usually middle class workers in their home countries. They are the people who have the money to travel across the world and pay to be trafficked. They’re also the demographics more likely to be liberal and educated and get in trouble with oppressive theocratic regimes.

If you want to help the NHS, there are thousands of highly trained doctors and nurses trying to get into the country as refugees.

Let them in, recertify them according to British medical standards, save the NHS.

Conservatives have spent so long trying to convince everyone that immigrants are the root of all our problems, a large portion of the country can’t see they’re actually more likely to be part of the solution.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.