Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

‘And this is sadly how any reasonable discussion ends’
What with you making stuff up?
Immigration is obviously an issue but is not the major issue in this country right now. The government would like you to think it is because it detracts from the utter shit show. You clearly lap it up like a good subject.
Give it a rest.
@BlueHammer85 is asking genuine questions and, as he has stated and shown over his time on here, is not a flag waving right winger.

I don’t see the current crisis with cost of living to be austerity induced, the reason shit costs so much is because we’ve been printing money and borrowing to pay for support during the pandemic.

The government is going to have to find money to support the vulnerable over the winter and adding to that won’t help anyone here and now.

Of course we do need to take some in and do our bit but I wouldn’t say adapting our policy to get a feel for numbers is a good idea in the here and now.

Is that a professional opinion?

:)

Would the situation be better if there was no austerity?

Give it a rest.
@BlueHammer85 is asking genuine questions and, as he has stated and shown over his time on here, is not a flag waving right winger.
I called out his opinion on immigration as I believe the topic is being used to divert attention away from other things. Next time I’ll PM you for permission.

Is that a professional opinion?

:)

Would the situation be better if there was no austerity?
We’ve not been living under austerity since 2017-2018.

I’m a professional lager drinker if that counts ;-)

We’ve not been living under austerity since 2017-2018.

I’m a professional lager drinker if that counts ;-)

The government self proclaimed austerity was over in 2019. The stats didn’t back them up though.

The pandemic and recent events have exacerbated what was already something either close to or already past breaking point.

It’s pretty mad now to look at some of the stats comparisons of 2010-2020.

The government self proclaimed austerity was over in 2019. The stats didn’t back them up though.

The pandemic and recent events have exacerbated what was already something either close to or already past breaking point.

It’s pretty mad now to look at some of the stats comparisons of 2010-2020.
Didn’t May announce it in 2017?

The pandemic definitely significantly changed things.

Money was diverted to keeping businesses afloat, for testing, vaccines, furlough etc.

Some of it squandered as well.

But austerity isn’t why we’re up shit creek right now.

Didn’t May announce it in 2017?

The pandemic definitely significantly changed things.

Money was diverted to keeping businesses afloat, for testing, vaccines, furlough etc.

Some of it squandered as well.

But austerity isn’t why we’re up shit creek right now.

Even if she did, Javid was saying it still in 2019 so clearly not even the conservatives all agreed!

It’s a big part of it as it meant our starting point was far worse than it was, front line services being a prime example.

I’d agree it’s tricky though as having austerity, then Brexit then a pandemic and then a war makes it hard for anyone to pin exact amounts of blame or impact on each.

Even if she did, Javid was saying it still in 2019 so clearly not even the conservatives all agreed!

It’s a big part of it as it meant our starting point was far worse than it was, front line services being a prime example.

I’d agree it’s tricky though as having austerity, then Brexit then a pandemic and then a war makes it hard for anyone to pin exact amounts of blame or impact on each.
I agree, although specifically talking inflation, the pandemic spending is mostly to blame.

They’re trying to get from France to Britain because of the lifestyle they can get here rather than France. They’ll know the success rate of people crossing the Channel and what their chances are of making it, before they do.

If they know that the majority are being caught and processed properly away from the UK, and they’re not genuine refugees, then they won’t try it.

Allowing everyone in the world to apply for refugee status from wherever they are isn’t sustainable, there’s too many.
Lifestyle ?? You know this how ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.