Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

Crossings this year surpass crossings last year. Not sure if the Royal Navy is already no longer involved or if everything has been handed back to Border Force.

Border force being G4s ..... outsourced by the Tories to one of Soames companies in 2012.......after they had fucked up the security at the Olympics

The Dalek and her protest laws giving police Carte Blanche to arrest anyone who dares to comment in a negative way on the royal family.

Teetering on Fascism this country.
Given this govts. propensity for bare-faced lies, not only to we the people, but even to the monarch herself (RIP) and the continuing degradation of our rights and freedoms, with worse to come disguised as the ‘bonfire of regulations’ reaching into our lives and jobs with serious consequences, and the alacrity with which they will disregard and break laws, domestic and international, as well as the sneering blatant contempt with they treat us, does anybody not think that there is the slightest possibility that they might be working towards creating the kind of ‘national emergency’ type scenario where the suspension of the democratic process itself could be ‘justified’.
Nothing seems too far-fetched anymore.

Reactions: mat
Well that is a totally different issue. The plane flight to Rwanda was cleared to go by the highest court in the land... it should have gone. Right or wrong: a government has been elected to take control of our laws/our borders/our money and they are just not doing it.

Which is a bit of a problem if they campaigned on that basis (or in 3 words: get Brexit done).

As I said earlier: who is actually running the country? The monarchy has been much in the news recently and I'm quite glad that the person in ultimate power isn't someone lucky enough to be born into a certain family, as it was hundreds of years ago. But the fact is even the government elected into power can't seem to do certain things.

Why is that?

I don't like conspiracy theories much, but when a government can't do what it's been elected to do, one starts to wonder about wider influences.
Ah, the wider influences of morality and truth.

British law makes not one jot of difference until an application for asylum has been heard (and granted or denied ). Asylum refugees are protected under International laws (to which the UK is a signatory)
Hey, you're talking about the good old woke days when we used to write the international laws to protect people.

Has @El_george been deported to Rwanda?

He seems incredibly quiet today.

Sometimes I get involved in the threads (after the cool aid) at other times I just enjoy to read what people write. There are some interesting people on here.

Like I said the other day, currently I'm more interested in who is the 'boss' so to speak, rather than the actual issue of channel crossings.

For example, look at this from the beginning of the year:

One line jumps out: "Navy sources said officers had little interest in carrying out the "pushback" policy put forward by Priti Patel

Now, assuming Patel was acting under the authority of the PM, one could re-write that as Navy sources said officers had little interest in carrying out the "pushback" policy put forward by Boris Johnson

In 1982, when Margaret Thatcher ordered HMS Conqueror to attack and sink the General Belgrano cruiser in the Falklands War was there any debate about it (pushback!) or did the Officers on the sub just do what they were told to do?

What has changed in the intervening years so that the Navy now acts differently?

I don't care if it is right or wrong, what I'm asking is who is in charge of who?

P.S. To all the people saying we can't do x, y or z on this (e.g. the Rwanda plan) because its against international law, well sinking that ship (outsize the exclusion zone) must have broken international laws too - killing 323 people - did the United Nations round on Britain, did America end its 'special relationship'? I don't recall so

In 1982, when Margaret Thatcher ordered HMS Conqueror to attack and sink the General Belgrano cruiser in the Falklands War was there any debate about it (pushback!) or did the Officers on the sub just do what they were told to do?

What has changed in the intervening years so that the Navy now acts differently?

we were at war with a foreign power then whereas now we are not at war with refugee's in dinghies for a start

Sometimes I get involved in the threads (after the cool aid) at other times I just enjoy to read what people write. There are some interesting people on here.

Like I said the other day, currently I'm more interested in who is the 'boss' so to speak, rather than the actual issue of channel crossings.

For example, look at this from the beginning of the year:

One line jumps out: "Navy sources said officers had little interest in carrying out the "pushback" policy put forward by Priti Patel

Now, assuming Patel was acting under the authority of the PM, one could re-write that as Navy sources said officers had little interest in carrying out the "pushback" policy put forward by Boris Johnson

I don't care if it is right or wrong, what I'm asking is who is in charge of who?

P.S. To all the people saying we can't do x, y or z on this (e.g. the Rwanda plan) because its against international law, well sinking that ship (outsize the exclusion zone) must have broken international laws too - killing 323 people - did the United Nations round on Britain, did America end its 'special relationship'? I don't recall so
Good grief. We're not at war with refugees. Would you welcome the Sun's GOTCHA headline for a sunk dinghy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.