Private plates

There was a bloke in the 80s in Radcliffe who had a Jaguar XJS 3.6. His reg plate was XJS 36 and he put a fixing bolt in between the 3 and 6. The plate was probably worth more than the car. There was also another guy who had the plate BIMBO. Forget the car (might have been another Jag) but it was always parked outside the Royal Oak on Water Street.

Did you know that Manchester never issue MU as a normal number (unlike MC which they do) as people in Liverpool refused to have cars from forecourts with those two letters when they put them in garages there 20 years ago in the first few days after the new system came in. Because they thought MU would not be anybody's initials.

Merseysiders also made them alter the letters from M for Manchester (as in L for London and B for Birmingham) and the government changed it to offically be M for Manchester AND Merseyside after complaints Liverpool was being overlooked.

Merseysiders also made them alter the letters from M for Manchester (as in L for London and B for Birmingham) and the government changed it to offically be M for Manchester AND Merseyside after complaints Liverpool was being overlooked.

Couldn't they have just used "D" for miseryside?

Used to be a droptop electric blue BMW round my way, driven by a young blonde lass with the number CLA55Y (the car not the girl). Also back when these were a big thing, (early 80's?) remember seeing ORG45M for sale in a newspaper ad

You see some crackers in Western Australia due to the small population.

I drunkenly bought MCFC OK a few months ago in tribute to my favourite City related song but I haven't picked it up yet due to feeling like a bit of a **** putting on my car.

You see some crackers in Western Australia due to the small population.

I drunkenly bought MCFC OK a few months ago in tribute to my favourite City related song but I haven't picked it up yet due to feeling like a bit of a **** putting on my car.
My wife has that plate on her car you **** ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.