Problem on Vista

stony said:
BTâ„¢ said:
Dave H said:
I've had a Vista machine since it came out 18 months ago.... absolutely no probs whatsoever.

I don't understand all the Vista bashing meself.

Miles better than any OS i've ever used before.
I think the Anti-Vista brigade are the ones with the dodgy copies and hardware that can't cope with it. I love it and would never go back to XP.

I bought a brand new laptop with Vista on it and I found it to be absolute wank. It wasn't compatible with most of my old software and used more RAM than a gay Welshman. It certainly wasn't a dodgy copy. There was a waiting list at the computer shop to replace it with XP. Not had a problem since I installed XP.
Shit laptop?

BTâ„¢ said:
stony said:
BTâ„¢ said:
Dave H said:
I've had a Vista machine since it came out 18 months ago.... absolutely no probs whatsoever.

I think the Anti-Vista brigade are the ones with the dodgy copies and hardware that can't cope with it. I love it and would never go back to XP.

I bought a brand new laptop with Vista on it and I found it to be absolute wank. It wasn't compatible with most of my old software and used more RAM than a gay Welshman. It certainly wasn't a dodgy copy. There was a waiting list at the computer shop to replace it with XP. Not had a problem since I installed XP.
Shit laptop?

Dual core processor, 1Gb of RAM and a year old. It's not exactly a budget buy.

stony said:
BTâ„¢ said:
stony said:
BTâ„¢ said:
Dave H said:

Shit laptop?

Just that I have seen some laptops with 512 RAM in them which is ridiculous. Also, 1GB is not enough in most cases to support Vista.

BTâ„¢ said:
stony said:
BTâ„¢ said:
stony said:
BTâ„¢ said:
Dave H said:

Shit laptop?

Just that I have seen some laptops with 512 RAM in them which is ridiculous. Also, 1GB is not enough in most cases to support Vista.

Thats one of the reasons I got rid of it. It uses too much memory. The main reason was most of my old software wouldn't run with it.

stony said:
The main reason was most of my old software wouldn't run with it.

Don't you think that some of the blame should rest on the manafacturer's shoulders? After all... they had long enough to plan for the Vista release. It was hardly a guarded secret was it?

Ric said:
Luckily bluemoon05, there's an easy solution to this. Simply open your CD/DVD drive, insert a copy of Windows XP, and run the installer. Vista is fucking awful.
Is it that simple Ric?...I'd like to put XP back on my laptop.

blue monkey said:
Ric said:
Luckily bluemoon05, there's an easy solution to this. Simply open your CD/DVD drive, insert a copy of Windows XP, and run the installer. Vista is fucking awful.
Yes its that simple, you can expect your laptop to run faster with XP too.

I've very little experience of Vista but I guess there good reasons the pros steer clear of it.

Doctor Congo said:
blue monkey said:
Ric said:

I've very little experience of Vista but I guess there good reasons the pros steer clear of it.
Can you download XP off the internet or would I need a disc?

blue monkey said:
Doctor Congo said:
blue monkey said:
Ric said:

Can you download XP off the internet or would I need a disc?
You can download a dodgy copy but you may find you have to jump through hoops to get updates.

Doctor Congo said:

Have you got a link for that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.