Problem with BT homehub and laptop,please help !

poh

"There's a little bit of Belfast that will always
I had BT homehub installed last week,the thing is my pc which i moved to the upstairs bedroom is fine,no problems at all with speed or connection (wireless) but a brand new lap-top which is wireless enabled (bought 2 weeks ago ) and is closer to the homehub (it's in the living room and homehub is 20 feet away in the hall ) is as slow as fuck,sometimes it takes 7 minutes for a web page to display,it's driving me nuts ! can anybody sugest anything please,or do i just have to live with this ? if anyone can help,please do before the laptop ends up in the front garden !

hmmmm slow web pages?

could be a number of things.

have u tried another pc/laptop? any luck with them?

perhaps the DNS not configured on your router.

carry out the following:

click start

run

type in cmd

this will open dos prompt

then try ping any website: ping <a class="postlink" href="http://www.yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.yahoo.com</a>

see if you get replies?

Secondly type this: ipconfig/all

paste the results on here...

Probably a daft question but how much RAM have you got in your laptop? Have you done a disc-clean recently to get rid of temporary files?

Having the same problems with mine but I'm with o2 . Rang them before and they said they had run an upgrade on the system but there was a slight bug in it . They want to change my wireless box now .

MaineDAWG2008 said:
hmmmm slow web pages?

could be a number of things.

have u tried another pc/laptop? any luck with them?

perhaps the DNS not configured on your router.

carry out the following:

click start

run

type in cmd

this will open dos prompt

then try ping any website: ping <a class="postlink" href="http://www.yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.yahoo.com</a>

see if you get replies?

Secondly type this: ipconfig/all

paste the results on here...

mate i tried this and i got this,
tunnel adapter local area connection *11
media state..........disconnected
connection specific dns suffix..........home
description..............isatap.home
physical address........ 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-EO
dhcp enabled...........no
autoconfiguration enabled.........yes

As you can see i'am not very good with pasting ! anyhelp with this would be most welcome.

ignore my previous post.

ok do us a fava

speedtest.net

check out your speed from ya laptop.....

let me know what your speed results are?

and can you confirm that your PC is connected via ethernet and your laptop is connected via wireless?

if so

then your wireless is the problem. either the wireless hub or your laptop. my guess is the wireless device u connecting to.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
ignore my previous post.

ok do us a fava

speedtest.net

check out your speed from ya laptop.....

let me know what your speed results are?

Speed test results. 1.ping-151ms
2.download-1.47mbs
3.upload-0.37mbs
pc has a wireless adapter and laptop has build in wireless.

Edit....just discovered that the speed test was run from an exchange in derry,i live in belfast ! so these results might not be quite on the mark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.