Prog rock

Tales from Topographic Oceans, the peak of narcissistic bollocks. Saw it live. Alan White drummed inside a pulsating crab (as you do). Just wish they had made it a triple album. A musical interpretation of the shastric scriptures iirc.

‘Nous sommes do soleil
We love when we play

Open doors we find our way
We look, we see, we smile
Surely daybreaks cross our path
And stay maybe a while

Let them run, let them chase
Let them hide between
Constant doors will open eyes
As life seems like, life seems like a
Fight, fight, fight

Maybe I'll just sing awhile
And then give you a call
Maybe I'll just say hello
And say maybe that's all’

Hold me my love, hold me today, call me round
Travel we say, wander we choose love tune
Lay upon me, hold me around lasting hours
We love when we play
We hear a sound and alter our returning
We drift the shadows and course our way back home
Flying home, going home

Look me my love, sentences move dancing away
We join, we receive
As our song memories long hope in away
Nous sommes do soleil
Hold me around lasting hoursyy
We love when we play
Nous sommes do soleil

Nous sommes do soleil
Nous sommes do soleil
Nous sommes do soleil
Now you're talking. Know it off by heart. When they introduced it at the Free Trade Hall in (?) 1972, I just thought "WOW". Naturally, I went out and bought the album pdq.

When I was coming home from a business trip about 15 years ago with a new colleague, he saw the "Topographic Oceans" CD and said that Ritual was probably his favourite Yes song. On it went straight away!

Now you're talking. Know it off by heart. When they introduced it at the Free Trade Hall in (?) 1972, I just thought "WOW". Naturally, I went out and bought the album pdq.

When I was coming home from a business trip about 15 years ago with a new colleague, he saw the "Topographic Oceans" CD and said that Ritual was probably his favourite Yes song. On it went straight away!
I saw it in Edinburgh. It’s still incredible music and probably showcases the band at its artistic and technical peak. My wife to be was pretty arty and painted a copy of the album sleeve all over one wall in our bedroom. God knows what the next residents thought when we moved out. Happy days.

Tales from Topographic Oceans, the peak of narcissistic bollocks. Saw it live. Alan White drummed inside a pulsating crab (as you do). Just wish they had made it a triple album. A musical interpretation of the shastric scriptures iirc.

‘Nous sommes do soleil
We love when we play

Open doors we find our way
We look, we see, we smile
Surely daybreaks cross our path
And stay maybe a while

Let them run, let them chase
Let them hide between
Constant doors will open eyes
As life seems like, life seems like a
Fight, fight, fight

Maybe I'll just sing awhile
And then give you a call
Maybe I'll just say hello
And say maybe that's all’

Hold me my love, hold me today, call me round
Travel we say, wander we choose love tune
Lay upon me, hold me around lasting hours
We love when we play
We hear a sound and alter our returning
We drift the shadows and course our way back home
Flying home, going home

Look me my love, sentences move dancing away
We join, we receive
As our song memories long hope in away
Nous sommes do soleil
Hold me around lasting hoursyy
We love when we play
Nous sommes do soleil

Nous sommes do soleil
Nous sommes do soleil
Nous sommes do soleil
Love Topographic, Narcissistic bollocks at its finest

It was 28th and 29th November 1973. Still remember it to this day, they played all of the Close To The Edge album in the first half and then Tales in it’s entirety in the second half.
I was sat in the 3rd row from the front almost centre stage
Still play it almost every week.

It was 28th and 29th November 1973. Still remember it to this day, they played all of the Close To The Edge album in the first half and then Tales in it’s entirety in the second half.
I was sat in the 3rd row from the front almost centre stage
Still play it almost every week.
Did you know that Rick Wakeman hated it ?
I met him once in the 80's on Hollywood Blvd and he confirmed it.

Did you know that Rick Wakeman hated it ?
I met him once in the 80's on Hollywood Blvd and he confirmed it.
He has no taste. Wasn’t it after that album he left and produced King Arthur and the nights of the round table (on ice).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.