proud

sir peace frog said:
well done blues played your heart out under immense pressure,could and should of taken at least one point,but when the dust settles that performance will harden the players to european football.

bluemoon is great to read after a defeat because panic sets in straight away.

we were 5 mins away from shaking the football world,as it was we still shook the footballing world,people saw a side growing,i know we made mistakes,and as is the nature of bluemoon some want to sack the manager,sell vinny behead barry,however i thought for 86 mins we were fantastic,the game plan worked,of course we conceded chances,but which team playing real madrid dont,in the end real madrid had to throw the kitchen sink at us to get a victory,surely that tells you alot about our team.

i personally take a lot of positives out of last night,and it has given me the confidence to say we will qualify for the knockout stages.
A few exaggerations there.

Also don't underestimate Dortmund, they're very good, as good as us. If they concentrate better than us and make fewer mistakes they could go and win at the Bernebeu. Also if we lose concetrarion as much or make that many mistakes at Dortmund they have the players to punish us too. Not saying that's what will happen but I'm not getting ahead of myself thinking playing like we did last night will see us get through.

sir peace frog said:
well done blues played your heart out under immense pressure,could and should of taken at least one point,but when the dust settles that performance will harden the players to european football.

we were 5 mins away from shaking the football world,as it was we still shook the footballing world,people saw a side growing,i know we made mistakes,and as is the nature of bluemoon some want to sack the manager,sell vinny behead barry,however i thought for 86 mins we were fantastic,the game plan worked,of course we conceded chances,but which team playing real madrid dont,in the end real madrid had to throw the kitchen sink at us to get a victory,surely that tells you alot about our team.

i personally take a lot of positives out of last night,and it has given me the confidence to say we will qualify for the knockout stages.

Just got back from Madrid, and I'm afraid to say, this thread gives me the perfect opportunity to say a couple of things which the majority on here won't like or agree with. But I don't care because it's true.

Had a fantastic trip but yet again it was evident we have so many small minded fans who are intent on taking every opportunity to remind us all 'how far we have come', 'who we played 13 years ago today', how scoring goals against Real Madrid is dreamland and now we have another example with this thread - and in particular 'we still shook the footballing world'. Oh dear oh dear.

Look, this post is not motivating by any committment to forget our past, or become like fans of other clubs. Nor is it motivated by arrogance or short memory. Of course we have come a long way. Won the lottery. Whatever you want to define it as. Of course, we all remember Dickov, Horlock etc. Of course we all appreciate this is only our 2nd season in the CL. But some of that humble reality needs to also accept and appreciate the fine line between arrogance and self belief (winning mentality) and whilst some of our players show it week in and week out (yaya toure in particular), some of our fans yet again would rather go to the 'we are still in awe of everything around us party'.

The truth is this. We played Real Madrid. The most successful european club side of all time. In a world famous stadium. Who have an excellent manager and an excellent squad of players. The spanish champions. Was I intimidated by this or did I once believe we werent capable of going to Madrid and heaven forbid take the game to them, stand up toe to toe, and actually during parts of the game dominate them? No I believed we could. I believe our squad of players are equally equipped to perform at the highest level. Of course they have exceptional CL experience and pedigree but strip down our team and it is also littered with CL quality and experience. Madrid were not in form. And whilst we haven't played particularly well so far, I did expect us to perform better. And I did intend on watching the game with the hope of seeing us play well than merely act as some tourist intent on looking around awe struck at the size of the stadium.

We were very poor in the first half and that was equally down to us as well as Madrid pressing us hard and dominating. We were very fortunate to be 2-1 up but when in that position, we should now, as champions, see the game out. At this level too. At least take a point. Mental vulnerabilty was evident and instead of facing that, we have some fans playing the 'oh well, we were shite 13 years ago, and now its merely a matter of being proud to be part of all this'.

Can we all please of course remember how far we have come. I repeat, this is not a riposte to that in itself. This is a plea to also remember where we fucking are now. In 2012. The champions of england. And whilst we should all of course enjoy going to the likes of Madrid, can we also face some reality which is we should have not lost that game on any level at the end, and constructive criticism is fair.

gio's side step said:
sir peace frog said:

Just got back from Madrid, and I'm afraid to say, this thread gives me the perfect opportunity to say a couple of things which the majority on here won't like or agree with. But I don't care because it's true.

Had a fantastic trip but yet again it was evident we have so many small minded fans who are intent on taking every opportunity to remind us all 'how far we have come', 'who we played 13 years ago today', how scoring goals against Real Madrid is dreamland and now we have another example with this thread - and in particular 'we still shook the footballing world'. Oh dear oh dear.

Look, this post is not motivating by any committment to forget our past, or become like fans of other clubs. Nor is it motivated by arrogance or short memory. Of course we have come a long way. Won the lottery. Whatever you want to define it as. Of course, we all remember Dickov, Horlock etc. Of course we all appreciate this is only our 2nd season in the CL. But some of that humble reality needs to also accept and appreciate the fine line between arrogance and self belief (winning mentality) and whilst some of our players show it week in and week out (yaya toure in particular), some of our fans yet again would rather go to the 'we are still in awe of everything around us party'.

The truth is this. We played Real Madrid. The most successful european club side of all time. In a world famous stadium. Who have an excellent manager and an excellent squad of players. The spanish champions. Was I intimidated by this or did I once believe we werent capable of going to Madrid and heaven forbid take the game to them, stand up toe to toe, and actually during parts of the game dominate them? No I believed we could. I believe our squad of players are equally equipped to perform at the highest level. Of course they have exceptional CL experience and pedigree but strip down our team and it is also littered with CL quality and experience. Madrid were not in form. And whilst we haven't played particularly well so far, I did expect us to perform better. And I did intend on watching the game with the hope of seeing us play well than merely act as some tourist intent on looking around awe struck at the size of the stadium.

We were very poor in the first half and that was equally down to us as well as Madrid pressing us hard and dominating. We were very fortunate to be 2-1 up but when in that position, we should now, as champions, see the game out. At this level too. At least take a point. Mental vulnerabilty was evident and instead of facing that, we have some fans playing the 'oh well, we were shite 13 years ago, and now its merely a matter of being proud to be part of all this'.

Can we all please of course remember how far we have come. I repeat, this is not a riposte to that in itself. This is a plea to also remember where we fucking are now. In 2012. The champions of england. And whilst we should all of course enjoy going to the likes of Madrid, can we also face some reality which is we should have not lost that game on any level at the end, and constructive criticism is fair.

England has a capital E, and watch that spelling!
Thought the rest of the essay wasn't worth the effort......................4/10

We played in the Bernabeu and lead a Mourinho team on their soil twice, yer it is cruel but the best teams in the world do that to you if you don't close the game out. Anyone slating City needs to have a look at how far we've come, don't care what the score is or who we play I'll always be proud of em, little bit more bite in the last 20 mins and we would've won last night

ANY1aBLUE said:
gio's side step said:
sir peace frog said:

England has a capital E, and watch that spelling!
Thought the rest of the essay wasn't worth the effort......................4/10

Thanks for your contributory mark.

Great post mate,i ve read some pretty bizarre ones since last night,i remember one calling it one of our worst in our history,but everyone has their own love for city and i dont doubt that,but people need to take facts into account before reaching a conclusion.
Barca with all their quality were utterly outplayed at bernabeu in copa del rey second leg,so it gives me great heart to see us perform so well,the reaction of mourinio said it all.

gio's side step said:
sir peace frog said:

we all have our opinions,and you being there i would say gives you more of a right than myself,however the way i look at it is, we were 4 minutes away,we are nowhere near real madrid in terms of stature or quality,we gave our all and thats all i can ask,i think in the first half the team were over awed ?,however the second half was excellent all barring those last few minutes.
i personally think we did shake the footballing world(maybea little ott) but people are starting to realise that, two years time we will win that game,i really believe that .

ive supported city for a long time and as ive said earlier,i dont mind losing matches as long as we lose it in the right manner,with a bit of pride and self belief,and last night was one of those nights.

yes annoyed,yes frustrated,but very proud,of where my club are now,city fans are actually annoyed at losing by the odd goal to real madrid now that is progress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.