PSG keep spending....

Im actually happy for them, remember how exciting it was for us in the beginning. And we know exactly what they plan to do with themselves over the next few years.

If the rules come in, I highly doubt that Platini will ban PSG, but if it was the case it would mean him banning us, psg, chelsea? Who would want to watch a tournament, that is "the best tournament in club football", without players like: Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Yaya, Ballo, Thiago Silva, Ibra, Lavezzi, Torres, Hazard... Just to name a few? Surely it would lose some of its popularity.

ello_jo said:
Im actually happy for them, remember how exciting it was for us in the beginning. And we know exactly what they plan to do with themselves over the next few years.

If the rules come in, I highly doubt that Platini will ban PSG, but if it was the case it would mean him banning us, psg, chelsea? Who would want to watch a tournament, that is "the best tournament in club football", without players like: Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Yaya, Ballo, Thiago Silva, Ibra, Lavezzi, Torres, Hazard... Just to name a few? Surely it would lose some of its popularity.

Who would want to sponsor a tournament that will ban its best teams and miss out showing their star players is a question uefa might concern themselves with if they do start banning teams.

Dj1979 said:
ello_jo said:

Who would want to sponsor a tournament that will ban its best teams and miss out showing their star players is a question uefa might concern themselves with if they do start banning teams.
Agreed, and then its just one huge spiral. Less money being put into the champs league, teams getting less for competing in the champions league, teams therefore turning over less in their financial figures, more teams then not being able to quality under the FFP rules and then back to stage one.

Lo and behold, teams leave eufa and fifa. Where exactly does that leave them with proven allegations of corruption? FFP can't come quickly enough for me.

Didnt something like this happened in America in one of there sports where they just said fuck em! They just went and made up a new competition with all the major teams?

reddishblue said:
Lo and behold, teams leave eufa and fifa. Where exactly does that leave them with proven allegations of corruption? FFP can't come quickly enough for me.
Arsene? When did you move to reddish and support city?

waspish said:
Didnt something like this happened in America in one of there sports where they just said fuck em! They just went and made up a new competition with all the major teams?

To some degree, from what I understand, this was the basis of the formation of MLS. Not quite as hostile, but it was created because the previous league incarnations were notoriously unstable and unprofitable (NASL had no salary cap which, along with other management problems, led to its downfall). This would be in the same guise, although for different reasons.

ello_jo said:
Dj1979 said:
ello_jo said:

Agreed, and then its just one huge spiral. Less money being put into the champs league, teams getting less for competing in the champions league, teams therefore turning over less in their financial figures, more teams then not being able to quality under the FFP rules and then back to stage one.

And the possibility of a breakaway league....it's been done before. at the end of the day and whichever way you wrap it up Cash is always King!!

As City have proven the only way to break into the elite is to spend big. The more teams like PSG (and City, Chelsea etc) the more FFP is at risk of falling flat on its arse.

ImAwesome said:
The PSG squad looks very impressive and no doubt they will spend more but the rest of the league is so poor. Cannot believe Thiago Silva would want to move to that league, any world class footballer should want to play in the Premier League or La Liga and maybe the Bundesliga as well as i think that it league is catching up with ourselves and La Liga if not caught up already.

If the new 75% tax rate for earinings over a million is actually implemented then PSG are going to be royally fucked.

There is no way that Ibra and Siva will not have negogiated a deal which guarantees a figure which is after tax

To put is simply if these guys earn £100K a week after tax then PSG are going to have to pay these guys an equivalent of £400K a week

They wont get around it will tax dodges like here in the UK - politicans in france are queing up to slag of the latest PSG aquisitions and there salaries and they will be subject ot this tax - confirmed by French politicians

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.