PSG post match thread

Bizarre game.

Ibra had a horrible game - missed the pen (I actually thought Ibra's shot was pretty good... Joe just made a good guess and awesome save), missed his one-on-one with Hart putting it over the bar, and missed a few contested headers.

On form, Ibra would have buried at least 2 of those chances.
===========
More strangeness...

Ibra was offside for their 2nd goal - clear cut interference. WTF was the side linesman doing? And the ref standing behind the goal - is he allowed to flag for offside? If so, WTF was he doing? He's about 3 feet from the play for God's sake.

But the Ibra offsides was countered by...

IMangala clearly fouled Matuidi... not given, thank God!

Stranger still...
For whatever reason, Hart decided to play it out from the back, up one-nil with few minutes reamining before half time.

Out comes the ball to Fernando, who totally fucked it up. Attempted panic clearance blocked by Ibra... and it's 1-1, against the run of play at that time. Just wow!
-------------
Sloppy defending from PSG... leads to our 2nd goal.
-----------------
Unfortunately, David Luiz is yellow-carded, meaning he'll be ineligible for our next game against PSG at home.

While Luiz is great going forard, he's a huge liability on defense. I wish that Luiz did not pick up that yellow and would therefore be starting against City in our next encounter.
-----------------
MoTM - KDB. Tremendous 1st half. Great goal. Faded in the 2nd half.
----------------
Bizarre substitution award... Manuel Pelligrini. Bony coming in for Silva when we're tied and have 2 away goals? Jesus fucking Christ!

Where is that idiot who stupidly thinks that City supporters would rather see City lose just to the detriment of Pellers?

For God's sake... it's 100% clear that Peller's is an idiot! - yes, he's good at not pissing everyone off.. but beyond that, the club janitor could achieve better results than Pelligrini.
===============

Anyhow, I'm elated by the result.

Great chance of advancing now, given the 2 away goals.

What we learned is that we were quite happy to go toe to toe with one of the top European teams and even when things got a bit bad, kept going.
I think this was one of those watershed moments maybe not quite as big as the rags semi but one where we realised -'hey, as badly as things go, persistence can get you back into it and you know what? Those guys weren't all that once we believed in ourselves.'

What we learned is that we were quite happy to go toe to toe with one of the top European teams and even when things got a bit bad, kept going.
I think this was one of those watershed moments maybe not quite as big as the rags semi but one where we realised -'hey, as badly as things go, persistence can get you back into it and you know what? Those guys weren't all that once we believed in ourselves.'

finally.

Hello guys,
I'd like to share some thoughts with you.
2-2 is a result i cannot be very satisfied with. May be because I'm a PSG fan. Sincerly (take no offense)I didn t found City so strong on the pitch: defense was quite loose in my opinion, i didn t see aguero so much ( to be honest i saw him better than David Luiz did in the first seconds of the match) but I did notice KDB and Joe Hart for sure.
What I saw is even I haven't been impressed by City.s play i.ve been impressed by the awful performance we gave. Shit in pants, very low accuracy in passing and shooting and weird managing choices.
I can develop the way I lived the game further if asked but I'll go straitgh to a frankly question:
How do you think, your team will manage the second leg? Full attack? Parking the bus to keep the advantage of the away goals? Counter?
I'm curious to read your opinions.
Thx

Last edited:
Bizarre game.

Ibra had a horrible game - missed the pen (I actually thought Ibra's shot was pretty good... Joe just made a good guess and awesome save), missed his one-on-one with Hart putting it over the bar, and missed a few contested headers.

On form, Ibra would have buried at least 2 of those chances.
===========
More strangeness...

Ibra was offside for their 2nd goal - clear cut interference. WTF was the side linesman doing? And the ref standing behind the goal - is he allowed to flag for offside? If so, WTF was he doing? He's about 3 feet from the play for God's sake.

But the Ibra offsides was countered by...

IMangala clearly fouled Matuidi... not given, thank God!

Stranger still...
For whatever reason, Hart decided to play it out from the back, up one-nil with few minutes reamining before half time.

Out comes the ball to Fernando, who totally fucked it up. Attempted panic clearance blocked by Ibra... and it's 1-1, against the run of play at that time. Just wow!
-------------
Sloppy defending from PSG... leads to our 2nd goal.
-----------------
Unfortunately, David Luiz is yellow-carded, meaning he'll be ineligible for our next game against PSG at home.

While Luiz is great going forard, he's a huge liability on defense. I wish that Luiz did not pick up that yellow and would therefore be starting against City in our next encounter.
-----------------
MoTM - KDB. Tremendous 1st half. Great goal. Faded in the 2nd half.
----------------
Bizarre substitution award... Manuel Pelligrini. Bony coming in for Silva when we're tied and have 2 away goals? Jesus fucking Christ!

Where is that idiot who stupidly thinks that City supporters would rather see City lose just to the detriment of Pellers?

For God's sake... it's 100% clear that Peller's is an idiot! - yes, he's good at not pissing everyone off.. but beyond that, the club janitor could achieve better results than Pelligrini.
===============

Anyhow, I'm elated by the result.

Great chance of advancing now, given the 2 away goals.
we gave psg all those chances tho its not like they play their way through our defence

Hello guys,
I'd like to share some thoughts with you.
2-2 is a result i cannot be very satisfied with. May be because I'm a PSG fan. Sincerly (take no offense)I didn t found City so strong on the pitch: defense was quite loose in my opinion, i didn t see aguero so much ( to be honest i saw him better than David Luiz did in the first seconds of the match) but I did notice KDB and Joe Hart for sure.
What I saw is even I haven't been impressed by City.s play i.ve been impressed by the awful performance we gave. Shit in pants, very low accuracy in passing and shooting and weird managing choices.
I can develop the way I lived the game further if asked but I'll go straitgh to a frankly question:
How do you think, your team will manage the second leg? Full attack? Parking the bus to keep the advantage of the away goals? Counter?
I'm curious to read your opinions.
Thx

I was very surprised to see Cavani over Lucas.

I thought you were poor. A decent manager would know we can't deal with pace.
I have no idea what Blanc was thinking.

City are currently off our pace. But PSG are old, predictable and a bit tired.
City in our pomp would be difficult to deal with. The pressure is off us, we are doing poorly at home, we are out of form.

For me, Blanc played into our hands. We struggle with pace and runners from deep. For me, you simply didn't have the qualities to get to us.

If Lucas andVerrati play Tuesday, things could be different.

We can only play the one way. Some call it holistic engineering. You call it shit in pants. In our environmentally friendly approach to management, we don't waste energy on silly things such as a having a cohesive game plan, team organisation, style of play or tactical fluidity. Our philosophy is to send a random selection of expensively assembled players out on to the field to have a collective shit in their pants but in the hope that one or more of them produces something special.

I'm surprised you didn't notice Wilfried Bony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.