PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

I honestly expected the price to be as it is. I paid £45 for a home ticket with Sunderland for my lad. Now paying £50 (£5 discount taken off) for PSG in the quarter final of the Champions League. If we were going to protest about ticket prices it should have been much earlier in the season. Can't understand why it is only now that a protest is proposed. The price is too high but hardly unexpected and completely in line with league games. If you take Germany out of the equation I suspect other European countries will be charging similar? I hadn't got time to read all the posts so apologies if the point has been made.

The way I see it this is the crux of the matter. £45 may well be an acceptable price for a one off game but for a lot following the club isn't a one off. The club could probably shift most of the tickets at £50, £60, £70 plus and have a football stadium full of day trippers. The cynic in me feels that this is what they'd prefer, certainly in terms of revenue. But most of us will have paid for a trip to Wembley plus the League Cup games and possibly some aways in addition to our seasoncards and there was a time when this would have been recognised by the club.

If there is going to be a protest, surely not taking your seats for the first 5 minutes would be the most effective way to go.

It is a 5.30pm KO so will be on telly.

Fans who leave early won't really be picked up as well as an empty stand or two for the first few minutes.

Protest of any kind during a game will mostly affect the players, and it's not their fault. Re Liverpool's 74th minute protest. 2-0 up to a 2-2 result. If you wish to make a statement the club would take note of, just don't join the cup schemes next season. If you want to watch the game purchase a ticket at the price you want to pay. Don't forget the constant protest against Peter Swales seen us end up in the third tier of football!!!!!

My vote goes to not taking up our seats until the game kicks off. A totally empty stadium at kick off would be awesome but doubt if it could be done as there are too many that think the club can do no wrong.

My vote goes to not taking up our seats until the game kicks off. A totally empty stadium at kick off would be awesome but doubt if it could be done as there are too many that think the club can do no wrong.

Do you mean we remain on the concourse or don't even enter the ground? I think leaving early is the best one of the lot so far. Up for it.

Perhaps when we aint getting arse raped on a weekly basis? Start of next season perhaps? When no games are of crucial importance like the rest of our games this season!
Wouldn't put it quite like that myself but you do have a point this shouldn't be about whether one game is charged at £60 £50 £40. The problem is much bigger than one club and one game. There needs to be a national campaign as there was for away games campaigning over one game isn't going to do it.
For me there needs to be a campaign so all games are charged the same, don't mind personally if cup games are charged the same as league games if the prices are right. Secondly there should be a simple formula something like the price of a s/c for that seat plus say 30%. That would mean for a £299 seat tickets would be £20 a £800 seat would be £54 and everything in between . Not sure what we have most of but guessing around £600 so £40. I'm not sure over a season the club would lose out by much but there would be plenty of choice for fans in all price ranges.

I'd sooner take seats 10minutes later than walk out early.
At least then all the empty seats will be in view on TV via the side cameras at kick off.

Also easier to 'promote' if everyone is congregating at the aisle entrance.

I'd sooner take seats 10minutes later than walk out early.
At least then all the empty seats will be in view on TV via the side cameras at kick off.

Also easier to 'promote' if everyone is congregating at the aisle entrance.

Plus banners can be left on seats as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.