PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

Ok, update from 1894 Group on Wednesday evening - www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc

“£60 YOU’RE HAVING A LAUGH”

We’ve had a tremendous response to our statement, which was our reply to the club’s statement released earlier this week.

This has prompted a huge debate which is continuing across social media. The over-riding emotion is one of disappointment at the prices rather than anger with a small percentage that feel the prices are ok. Disappointment that they may have to pick and choose attending a fixture that they were so excited about when the draw was initially made.

The feedback we are getting is consistent. There is a communication issue between the fans and the club. A lack of fan engagement. A wish for the club to protect the identity of Manchester City FC rather than be judged as one of the clubs in the “City Football Group” portfolio and the best way the club can do that is to take the established fan base with them and to genuinely consider their feelings at this time. The PSG pricing structure was a last straw for many fans on top of the other issues we highlighted in the last statement. Don’t forget many fans have had to be moved to accommodate corporate fans in the last couple of years.

What we are sure about is that there is huge concern about where ticket prices are going. Not only can that affect the atmosphere at home games but there is huge concern over where this would end.

Would we see £70/£80 tickets for a semi-final ? Would we see further rises for season tickets next year?

We always try to reflect what City fans are saying to us and what they are saying is that they want the club to listen.

If the club don’t listen some fans will walk away from the club regardless of who the manager is and regardless of who we sign.

We also feel the best way we can help the club realise that prices should come down is for the supporters to stick together on this issue. We don’t want any splits within the support base on this.

That being the case and after carefully considering all views, we’ve taken the view that we should raise awareness through banners at the West Brom game.

After listening to fans we have decided against organising a walk-out at this stage because we feel that might split the supporters and we have more chance of achieving our aims if we are not divided.

If the club don’t listen to the fans and prices continue to rise then we see a time where a majority of fans will accept and support a walk out.

Some fans will walk out anyway at the West Brom game. We support their right to choose to want to walk out – just as we supported the right of any individual City fan who wanted to go to Moscow away a couple of years ago.

It’s entirely up to individuals how they want to deal with this situation.

Hyperthetical.

If we don"t qualify for next seasons CL, and we miss out on £20mill, who takes the hit on that loss?

The players who have underavhieved, or the fans who may be forced to stump up the shortfall via increased season and matchday ticket prices?

Or are City just going to write that £20mill off, as opposed to not wrting 150k off for the sake of a full stadium V PSG?

All those things listed are once-every-few-years events and don't really have the associated costs with going to a football team's matches. Yes I know you could pick and choose which matches you go to, but we all know it doesn't work like that.
I know but a champions league quarter final looks like once a generation at the moment!

Yes, for many long standing blues it is that bad. People like you aren't arsed about that though as long as it's within your price range.
Like I said I really don't think a lot of those complaining go regularly anyway, the want to pay £20 to drop in to a CL quarter final. I've just paid £40 for my ticket, it is expensive but sick of hearing all this £60 stuff when you can go for £40.

Its all relative isn't it some people pay £90 a month for an iPhone, £200 a month on smoking or £120 a month on sky I think that is bad and would not pay it, but as a one off I don't think £40 is to bad for this match.

I've been going for 35 years so don't try the longstanding thing.

Ok, update from 1894 Group on Wednesday evening - www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc

“£60 YOU’RE HAVING A LAUGH”

We’ve had a tremendous response to our statement, which was our reply to the club’s statement released earlier this week.

This has prompted a huge debate which is continuing across social media. The over-riding emotion is one of disappointment at the prices rather than anger with a small percentage that feel the prices are ok. Disappointment that they may have to pick and choose attending a fixture that they were so excited about when the draw was initially made.

The feedback we are getting is consistent. There is a communication issue between the fans and the club. A lack of fan engagement. A wish for the club to protect the identity of Manchester City FC rather than be judged as one of the clubs in the “City Football Group” portfolio and the best way the club can do that is to take the established fan base with them and to genuinely consider their feelings at this time. The PSG pricing structure was a last straw for many fans on top of the other issues we highlighted in the last statement. Don’t forget many fans have had to be moved to accommodate corporate fans in the last couple of years.

What we are sure about is that there is huge concern about where ticket prices are going. Not only can that affect the atmosphere at home games but there is huge concern over where this would end.

Would we see £70/£80 tickets for a semi-final ? Would we see further rises for season tickets next year?

We always try to reflect what City fans are saying to us and what they are saying is that they want the club to listen.

If the club don’t listen some fans will walk away from the club regardless of who the manager is and regardless of who we sign.

We also feel the best way we can help the club realise that prices should come down is for the supporters to stick together on this issue. We don’t want any splits within the support base on this.

That being the case and after carefully considering all views, we’ve taken the view that we should raise awareness through banners at the West Brom game.

After listening to fans we have decided against organising a walk-out at this stage because we feel that might split the supporters and we have more chance of achieving our aims if we are not divided.

If the club don’t listen to the fans and prices continue to rise then we see a time where a majority of fans will accept and support a walk out.

Some fans will walk out anyway at the West Brom game. We support their right to choose to want to walk out – just as we supported the right of any individual City fan who wanted to go to Moscow away a couple of years ago.

It’s entirely up to individuals how they want to deal with this situation.

They've bottled it. Well done lads.

Didn't have much confidence in them after the initial meek and noncommittal statement.

I said this in the other thread, but I wonder if the club exerted any pressure on them over the past few days?

All this nonsense about risking "splitting the support" with a walk out doesn't wash at all, is comes across as a cop out, an excuse to go with the non offensive mild option instead. They recognise themselves that the feedback has been overwhelmingly in favour of a protest, just seems like a total cop out.

I'm sure Soriano and Glick will be delighted.

There is no better time for a walk out, the appetite is there and I think most would be behind it. Every regular I spoke to on Sunday said they'd be behind it.

The season ticket renewals haven't been announced yet, and we need to get the message of this discontent out there and public before then, a couple of banners held aloft for a minute before kick off in the south stand will not have the required affect. It's too meek and passive.

The season is more or less down the pan, this is a topic that the whole country is currently talking about, and we have two weeks to prepare. There is no better time for a walk out. We might not get this opportunity again, the club will be looking and you can be sure that they'll continue taking us for mugs if after years of this trend coming to a head, all we can muster is a couple of banners in the south stand. Pathetic IMO.

Extremely disappointed in the 1894 lads. That said, a protest doesn't have to be organised by them to go ahead, I still believe we should have a walk out and we don't need them to organise one.

We need to strike while the iron is hot.

Don,t forget that the ticket details posted 11th April were for GENERAL admission tickets , £60 in CB2 and EL2. I sit in CB2 most of which is hospitality of some sort from the Chairmans Club to 93:20 Sports Bar. There must be very few Seats available in either stand as the UEFA family get a lot of tickets, possibly towards the corners only. These areas are always the most expensive for any match, and this CL match is comparable with normal.
I paid £45( with ST discount) to see CSKA Moscow from 217 in the14/15 season so cannot see what the fuss is about.
To you people complaining to MEN and other media scources and trying to make the club look bad. Put simply the club does NOT belong to us the fans it belongs to ADUG/City Football Group and so far they have invested well on the whole.
Contrary to what some people seem to believe FFP is still alive in both the Premier League and UEFA, so every aspect has to be monetised in order to get Top Players for our Team ( Heaven only knows what has happened to said players since start of January !!!)
I do agree that the latest price list for Season Ticket holders should have been published first rather than the General Admission one which has caused this furore. However it is for A UEFA Champions League quarter final after all, and having paid £95 to see Adele I am quite happy with the prices.
Sorry to meander on a bit.
Is there a league of singers that will give Adele £120 million before she even performs the first night of her tour?

Didn't have much confidence in them after the initial meek and noncommittal statement.

I said this in the other thread, but I wonder if the club exerted any pressure on them over the past few days?

All this nonsense about risking "splitting the support" with a walk out doesn't wash at all, is comes across as a cop out, an excuse to go with the non offensive mild option instead. They recognise themselves that the feedback has been overwhelmingly in favour of a protest, just seems like a total cop out.

There is no better time for a walk out, the appetite is there and I think most would be behind it. Every regular I spoke to on Sunday said they'd be behind it.

The season ticket renewals haven't been announced yet, and we need to get the message of this discontent out there and public before then, a couple of banners held aloft for a minute before kick off in the south stand will not have the required affect. It's too meek and passive.

The season is more or less down the pan, this is a topic that the whole country is currently talking about, and we have two weeks to prepare. There is no better time for a walk out. We might not get this opportunity again, the club will be looking and you can be sure that they'll continue taking us for mugs if after years of this trend coming to a head, all we can muster is a couple of banners in the south stand. Pathetic IMO.

Extremely disappointed in the 1894 lads. That said, a protest doesn't have to be organised by them to go ahead, I still believe we should have a walk out and we don't need them to organise one.

I think they've made a sensible decision. Whereas you think everyone around you would walk out, I don't think that many round me would. Plus the idea of other people deciding that we should walk out grates. Who asked me, when was the vote?

Isn't there an intermediate step before we ask people to sacrifice the final 30 mins of the game? A silent Poznan on 60 mins would make a point, a minutes booing, a delayed entry. All seem preferable at this stage. If those minor protests are ignored then more fans might be willing to take part in a walkout.

Excellent post, bang on. Need to make a big statement v WBA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.