PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir suspended after 4th official accused of racism

I don't agree with this. You can't be appointing officials that have to speak either Turkish or French just incase you use a word that can be deemed offensive in your native language.

FIFA's slogan is "For the Game, For the World". How is it progressive that we discriminate against certain nationalities that they cannot officiate an international game because they don't speak the languages of the teams involved?

They say football is a universal language and you can communicate without actually saying a word.

This whole affair could have been sorted via a calm and sensible conversation, instead and this is a point i agree with with you, the media are drumming racism and BLM so much at the moment that it's breeding hysteria. It's not healthy for the game or for society.
First things first.

If you're an official and can't effectively communicate with another team's language, you shouldn't be a) officiating or b) talking at all. Therefore, there is no "calm and sensible conversation" to be had if one cannot be understood, clearly and to the point.

Secondly, I've no idea what you mean by "drumming racism and BLM so much at the moment that it's breeding hysteria". Are you talking about the kneeling before kick-off? Are you talking about the Millwall 'fan' reaction or are you talking about something else entirely?

I'm not against what you might be saying but make your point clearer so we can discuss what direction you're going with your responses.

In my opinion there will never be a moment when ALL the people will agree regarding referring to or identifying a person using the skin color is / it is not racism.
And also who says where's the limit between racism and freedom of expression?
Does someone's freedom of expression ends where someone thinks what it is said is offensive even if that person does not have the slightest intent of being offensive or racist?
If people has to be sensitive related to history then he/she should be also sensitive to freedom of speech.

Yeah, so explain how you can claim to be 'not racist', write out the racial slurs to make a point and then support freedom of expression?

Go think about what position you're coming from.

I am not familiar with the term - I just took the time to translate it and find out what it means.
Let me correct myself then : Sterling , Aguero, De Bruyne, Gundogan,Guardiola. Should I say also Messi?
I'm only playing my friend. You're not really a member of Bluemoon until you've been accused of being a United fan.

We see things differently that's why also the incident happened a few days ago, that's why in my opinion this will never be settled.
I will never be able to befriend people near whom I cannot be myself or speak my mind around, speak my language, around whom I must always be on guard not to say something that might be wrong in their opinion, be afraid that at any given moment that person can transform into a bomb of accusations and imagined stuff.
I am always on guard when I am travelling in western europe but seeing this attitude and considering the events in last several years, I am so happy we do not have many of those problems ! We have our own problems but we (still) do not have this racial fight or tension , the bomb threats, street shooting and all the stuff. Here we can go out on the streets without being afraid that somebody will cut off our heads or smth.
And also several posts before , in my opinion, there were some threats implied towards WNRH ; I can still have my own opinions right? Or am I a racist and writing slurs all over the place?
Western world - no more freedom over there; it's a real mess.

We see things differently that's why also the incident happened a few days ago, that's why in my opinion this will never be settled.
I will never be able to befriend people near whom I cannot be myself or speak my mind around, speak my language, around whom I must always be on guard not to say something that might be wrong in their opinion, be afraid that at any given moment that person can transform into a bomb of accusations and imagined stuff.
I am always on guard when I am travelling in western europe but seeing this attitude and considering the events in last several years, I am so happy we do not have many of those problems ! We have our own problems but we (still) do not have this racial fight or tension , the bomb threats, street shooting and all the stuff. Here we can go out on the streets without being afraid that somebody will cut off our heads or smth.
And also several posts before , in my opinion, there were some threats implied towards WNRH ; I can still have my own opinions right? Or am I a racist and writing slurs all over the place?
Western world - no more freedom over there; it's a real mess.
You're as closet as it gets.

the Istanbul team have reportedly written to uefa asking for a life long ban for the Romanian referee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.