PSR/FFP affect on the Transfer Window

It will be interesting to see what happens at Newcastle - all the money in the world and now we're hearing they might have to sell Bruno, Isak, Joelinton etc. That's not how this should be working at all. I genuinely wonder what the point of FFP is - it's seemingly fine to run a club like United with some bizarre financial rules but not if someone wants to genuinely invest. And if Ratcliffe want to spend big at United, so be it.
Under different owners but it’s what they voted for. Hard to believe that clubs fell for the idea that United, Liverpool and Arsenal would be pushing for things to benefit the wider league instead of just themselves and their yank owners.

Not like they were the key figures in the formation of the Premier League, Project Big Picture, the Super League, or having high ranking ex-employees sitting in various high positions.

A few years ago, I’d have sympathy, but the shit we get from fans of clubs up and down the country who can’t listen to basic facts, I just think fuck em. Give us every trophy, I don’t even want it to be a contest any more. Us against the world.

I'm not into the ins and outs of the finances and to some extent I really don't care. My view is that this started when clubs started floating on stock markets, Sky pumped money in and when clubs who finished 4th were getting millions in the 'Champions League'.
It started well before that. In 1983, gate receipt sharing that had been in place since 1919 was abandoned (visitors got 20%) in favour of the home team taking all the money. That was the start of the concentration of wealth. Then in the 80s, the top clubs (you can guess who and be right) threatened to form a breakaway league if they weren't allowed more of the revenue. Then the Premier League, then the Champions League, and the only reason the Champions League hasn't completely ruined the league (like it has most domestic leagues) is because the PL brings in so much money that the CL is more of a nice bonus than a competition-ruining bonanza.

Then we had the threat of the Super League, and we've also got FIFA's new expanded Club World Cup. And how much of the revenues from that do we think will be shared with the rest of the league (never mind the lower leagues)? I suspect the answer is fuck all.

They've created this system where the only way to challenge at the top for more than a single season is to have a rich backer, and then tried to stop that option too. A system that lets Chelsea poach players and managers from clubs that finished above them. A system that lets the rags be grossly mismanaged for a decade and still be able to spend a billion, because there are no consequences for big clubs doing a shit job. A system where the gap between the PL and Championship is so great that they need parachute payments for relegated clubs. A system where Leicester can win the league and we all know they'll be stripped and sold for parts, because there's no way of them using that as a springboard to a decade of success.

I genuinely want to know how a well-run club such as Brighton are meant to break into the CL spots on a regular basis when the ones who regularly occupy the CL spots keep taking their players and managers. It doesn't matter how well they balance the books, they will never ever get regular CL football because it's cooked so that the ones who spend big keep the spoils.
Before Brighton it was Everton who regularly had their players and manager taken off them and I am sure Villa will be next.
I do wonder where it's all going,
It's going to plan. It's going that eventually the red tops rule the roost and United can buy everyone's best player just like all those years under red nose.
They want an unlevel playing field again, where they have all the money....they want us relegated and severley punished. They want Pep to leave along with our best players.
They want it to be like it was.

It's clever though, come up with a thing called FFP to make things more fair, but the end product, the grand plan, is totally unfair.

Now I know January is not normally a super busy month for transfers but this month has been dead hasn't it?

Clubs can't even afford a minor loan fee for Phillips, well they can afford it but aren't allowed to.

Not sure this was foreseen when the rules were made, it's usually great advertisement for the league but it feels like it's made the league vulnerable now.
Clubs that need to sell are extremely vulnerable, I think Chelsea need sales but nobody in this league is going to give them an easy out like United and Arsenal did last summer. Leagues like the Saudi league know clubs are desperate too.

Over €800m spent last January, just over €40m spent this January, I know there's 9/10 days left but those deduction points have scared a lot of teams haven't they, not sure it's for the better either.
Is this the anomaly or were clubs terrible at controlling their finances in prior years.

I think the latter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.