PSR/FFP affect on the Transfer Window

MCFC1993

Now I know January is not normally a super busy month for transfers but this month has been dead hasn't it?

Clubs can't even afford a minor loan fee for Phillips, well they can afford it but aren't allowed to.

Not sure this was foreseen when the rules were made, it's usually great advertisement for the league but it feels like it's made the league vulnerable now.
Clubs that need to sell are extremely vulnerable, I think Chelsea need sales but nobody in this league is going to give them an easy out like United and Arsenal did last summer. Leagues like the Saudi league know clubs are desperate too.

Over €800m spent last January, just over €40m spent this January, I know there's 9/10 days left but those deduction points have scared a lot of teams haven't they, not sure it's for the better either.

When the new rules come in, there’ll be massive signing on fees and lower wages for players.

It’ll be back to normal soon.

Now I know January is not normally a super busy month for transfers but this month has been dead hasn't it?

Clubs can't even afford a minor loan fee for Phillips, well they can afford it but aren't allowed to.

There's more money in the game than there ever was and nobody is buying, it's like the authorities are kneecapping their own product.

It will be interesting to see what happens at Newcastle - all the money in the world and now we're hearing they might have to sell Bruno, Isak, Joelinton etc. That's not how this should be working at all. I genuinely wonder what the point of FFP is - it's seemingly fine to run a club like United with some bizarre financial rules but not if someone wants to genuinely invest. And if Ratcliffe want to spend big at United, so be it.

I'm not into the ins and outs of the finances and to some extent I really don't care. My view is that this started when clubs started floating on stock markets, Sky pumped money in and when clubs who finished 4th were getting millions in the 'Champions League'.

I genuinely want to know how a well-run club such as Brighton are meant to break into the CL spots on a regular basis when the ones who regularly occupy the CL spots keep taking their players and managers. It doesn't matter how well they balance the books, they will never ever get regular CL football because it's cooked so that the ones who spend big keep the spoils.

Before Brighton it was Everton who regularly had their players and manager taken off them and I am sure Villa will be next.

I do wonder where it's all going, it seems like it's such a mess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.