PSV negotiating transfer of Rekik?

So let me get this straight, we encourage kids to come to City, telling them it will be good for their careers, then when they are playing in the Champions League, we bring them home & tell them they can either sit on their arses & rot, or sign on for another 3 years ?

And this is how we will encourage kids to sign for us in the future ?

I can guarantee this will not happen. He will either sign by choice, or leave.
Yeah I completely agree on the importance of the signal that any action would give to prospective youth signings. I think the club has generally been very good in this regard, particularly with Guidetti and Rusnak as their contracts ran down.

Even still I think 2.5mil would fall in to the takings the piss bracket and I don't think we would be seen as the bad guys for refusing to sell at that price and not being keen on full season loan for an injury free youngster with 1 year left.

PSV aren't going to sign anyone else who can immediately replace him and with the same long term upside for less than 5mil and I think they'd eventually come to the party at that price.

There is a bit of a balance to be made. It is in our interest to help as many EDS lads as possible find their way in to a decent club and get the best start to their career as possible. The vast majority of our young players will move on before they are 22, helping them will reflect well on us as a club and our youth system and there will be minimal transfer fees changing hands. The balance though is with the top 10%, Rekik is a good player and is good enough to play a role in our squad however circumstance is against him, we have plenty of senior pros in his position and in Denayer we have a better prospect coming through. If he was with a separate Dutch club and was moving to PSV or from PSV to Ajax for example I would think a fee of up to £5m would not be unrealistic. These are champions league clubs and he has just won the league with PSV. We are entitled to ask for a decent fee but we must balance that out with also wanting a good outcome for the player.

I said he was nailed on leaving this year, despite many of the ostriches in the main forum saying how he was coming into the squad next year.

We've fucked him about for years and now he refuses to sign a new deal so we have to claw back whatever paltry amount we can get. He isn't the first and won't be the last

It's a crying shame as he's looked ready to be around the squad since he was 16. He's looked like a Rolls Royce in the few friendly appearances he's made with us and should have been integrated in. As big a fan of Mancini as I was, he was bloody atrocious when it came to giving the kids gametime, and Pellers is worse. Rekik will go on to have an immense career, I'm sure of it.

Fair enough, i feel it could do wonders with him playing in another league, like it has for Denayer in the Scottish Prem.
if he does eventually progress then we have this buy back clause i presume? ideal.

What would be a shame for me is not seeing Denayer next season given some consistent game time.

It's a crying shame as he's looked ready to be around the squad since he was 16. He's looked like a Rolls Royce in the few friendly appearances he's made with us and should have been integrated in. As big a fan of Mancini as I was, he was bloody atrocious when it came to giving the kids gametime, and Pellers is worse. Rekik will go on to have an immense career, I'm sure of it.

He was given a chance to impress last preseason and he looked like a deer in front of headlights.

Rekik isn't that good. He may develop into an outstanding talent but I still don't think he's as good as many believe him to be. You never know though, Kompany wasn't a quality centre half by any stretch when we first signed him, he didn't really know whether he was a DM or a defender. The buy back clause makes sense if he does come good but we've messed him around too much to encourage him to stay. Right now Denayer is a better player though and it's a dog eat dog world in football.

Rekik play two season on loan in PSV he play good but not good like Denayer ,in first season Denayer explod play perfect and everything seems he can be the best centre back,
and now when we sold Boyata we need replacement and better option is Denayer also Rekik contract has 1 year. I think that's the main reason why we sell him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.