Pub for Inter fans/friends for return CL leg

Mother Macs - proper boozer - down an alley thats opposite The Roadhouse - so quite near Piccadilly Station

Or The C&A (Crown & Anchor) on Hilton Street, its not the cheapest but has a good atmosphere and is "aggro" (lol) free, they also do food. - again quite near Piccadilly but slightly off main drag so most rags wouldnt venture down there.

mcfcBally said:
corbieres thats down a side street opposite frankie & bennys

I love Corbierres but I also thing its a rag hang out when they are playing. As its not that far from Deansgate.

Stay away from Deansgate when the rags are at home - they infest the place.

What about The Old Chop House, on Cross Street, I think. Historic Pub, which serves quality food, and quality Beers and Wines.
You don't get any Dickheads in there, and there are some great old pictures of Manchester.

Feed-The-Goat said:
britons protection. belting pub, not far from the tram stop to the swamp
Cant imagine they'd like a bunch of pissed up Inter fans in the place though. You cough and people look at you for breaking the silence.

If I had friends like that coming over I would be tempted to take them to Lass O’Gowrie on Charles St. It is not on the main road but is still very close to the library taxi ranks and metro and is only a short walk from Picc too if needed. The rag aggro possibility is probably as low as you can get since it is out of the way. They got a large selection of ales to sample and they also serve food (which I haven't tried). Last time I went the service was spot on. The pub is on a small side though.

And I am not sure about taking decent guests to Britons Protection simply because the toilets are pretty dire and the room at the back is in need of some renovation. The front bar area is tops though but can get busy.

Bring them to Chorlton. A nice blend of bars or traditional pubs, out the way of the centre, a chilled atmosphere and only a short taxi journey or couple of miles walk to The Swamp.

thanks for all your efforts...top..does anybody actually KNOW any landlords i could contact..PM me please

thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.