Public Transport

Was in Brighton few days back - looked at buying a train ticket to Shoreham. £5.10 single or £13.00 if I used my railcard ??
Brighton to Hastings costs me £23 for a day return yet a return to London only cost me £16 - it's like they just make up the prices as they go along, no logic whatsoever

Before we moan about private companies running things.....

Remember who runs the tram in Manchester and how shit it is.

Before we moan about private companies running things.....

Remember who runs the tram in Manchester and how shit it is.
Is that Keolis, the private French transport operator, who are following on from French government owned RATP Group, who took over the failed contract of private transport company Stagecoach, who followed on from private company Serco?

Is that Keolis, the private French transport operator, who are following on from French government owned RATP Group, who took over the failed contract of private transport company Stagecoach, who followed on from private company Serco?
I'm not with you.
The Met is owned by Transport for Greater Manchester a public body. Keolis/Amey run it on their behalf but it is a contract for local government. They do what a public bodybtell them to and it is a system that is not fir for purpose.

When I was working, I frequently found flying to be the cheaper option, even taking onward tube / bus fares into account!

Rail prices are ridiculously high in the UK.
I was going on stag do to Liverpool few years ago (from London). It was cheaper to fly London-Dublin-Liverpool than get direct train. I ended up splitting train journey and going via Birmingham

It's almost as if they are sharing the scam about and not giving two fucks how obvious it is.

I'm not with you.
The Met is owned by Transport for Greater Manchester a public body. Keolis/Amey run it on their behalf but it is a contract for local government. They do what a public bodybtell them to and it is a system that is not fir for purpose.
The operators are given long contracts to run the service. They don’t get a phone call from Andy Burnhan telling them to make a balls of running it. Similarly, Amey, who have the contract to manage the stock don’t get told how to do it.
The failure of the tram system was inevitable once it was designed ‘on road’ and, as usual with UK infrastructure, it was done on the cheap.
Finally, unlike TFL, the Manchester Metro attracts no government subsidy meaning modernisation and upgrades are done in a piecemeal fashion.

Train tickets are ridiculous in this country.

It’s cheaper to drive, which given the fuel prices we pay says a lot about how much of a rip off public transport is.
I looked at tickets to go to London in November two weeks ago £77 return, cheapest now £150-£180! For the same trip, so guess what me and my mate will drive down, says it all really will cost us about £60-70 in fuel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.