Pubs before match

I know this has been discussed previously but given it’s a 5.30 kick off on Saturday…so plenty of extra boozing time…Where are the best places for pre-match pints when coming from Piccadilly?

I used to like a couple in the green (golf bar) which has now closed. So recently I’ve just been having one or two in Piccadilly Tap then straight to the ground but seen as I’ll be there from about midday it’s probably worth going to a few others, where are there normally plenty of blues?

I used to go in that bar too.
Now either tib street tavern or if I can book a table , the Ale and Pie House.
Both have food and good screens.

Tib Street tavern doesn't want groups of footy fans before though.

Ancoats:
Crown and Kettle
Edinburgh Castle
Seven Brothers
Cask

Northern Quarter:
Bay Horse
Tib St Tavern
Freemount
Pie and Ale
Ancoats Lad
The Castle
Smithfield Tavern
Nothern Monk
Crafty Pig
Affleck and Brown
The Corner Boy
Terrace
Whiskey jar
Port St Beerhouse

All decent pubs/bars that i’ve been in before/after a game

Don’t wear a City top or expect a sing song though

Ancoats:
Crown and Kettle
Edinburgh Castle
Seven Brothers
Cask

Northern Quarter:
Bay Horse
Tib St Tavern
Freemount
Pie and Ale
Ancoats Lad
The Castle
Smithfield Tavern
Nothern Monk
Crafty Pig
Affleck and Brown
The Corner Boy
Terrace
Whiskey jar
Port St Beerhouse

All decent pubs/bars that i’ve been in before/after a game

Don’t wear a City top or expect a sing song though
You’d have to start early to fit all those in

I know this has been discussed previously but given it’s a 5.30 kick off on Saturday…so plenty of extra boozing time…Where are the best places for pre-match pints when coming from Piccadilly?

I used to like a couple in the green (golf bar) which has now closed. So recently I’ve just been having one or two in Piccadilly Tap then straight to the ground but seen as I’ll be there from about midday it’s probably worth going to a few others, where are there normally plenty of blues?
Wow closed for good?

Before games at Maine Rd would drink in the Circus, Old Monkey and Grey Horse, before moving on to the Beehive or the Welcome. Not been on Portland St for years are those pubs still there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.