Punishment for scuffing the penalty spot

Clear and blatant cheating (such as diving) should always automatically lead to a red card and a fine + ban. Get this kind of shittery out of football asap.

If Dave Watson or later Andy Morrison did it on the sly back in the day we would have loved it. Sport. a scuffed penalty spot can be flattened, its soil and grass. Fuck me, listen to us. nothing to moan about.
If it’s nothing to moan about why the fuck did Gabriel do it and why the fuck did Ramsdale do it?

It's a yellow card offence and labelling of absolute scum. That's sufficient punishment.

I couldn't believe it when I heard that Gabriel had been given a yellow card for scuffing up the penalty spot. It's poetic justice I suppose that within a couple of minutes, he'd put himself into a position where he did a body check on Jesus and got a 2nd yellow. There were so many talking points in that match and - again - VAR went in our favour. But, I felt that everything else should be put aside to talk about the scuffing of the penalty spot.

I've been watching football since the 60's. I've never seen this done in the English game before, and I can only recall 1 or 2 incidences when it's been seen on foreign soil. Football has many pieces of gamesmanship in many matches, but, I feel that this needs an immediate response from the powers that be - and a word from Arteta/Arsenal perhaps, condemning this activity (forgive me if someone from Arsenal has already done this; I haven't heard anything along those lines). Also, did someone say on TV today that Ramsdale had been guilty of it too at some stage? It is cheating and, if not properly nipped in the bud, it'll start happening everywhere.

Anyway, I'm not calling for any extra punishment for Gabriel as he got his just desserts - though, if he had done that bodycheck in front of some European ref''s, he might have got a straight red. I'm just putting it out there that the authorities should state that, anyone found to have damaged the pitch in this most ungentlemanly of ways should expect an immediate 3 match ban, imho.
I’d give him a lifetime ban, he and Martinelli are dirty feigning players. At least Granit xhaka is not discrete

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.