Punishment for scuffing the penalty spot

Karma will have the last laugh when they miss a penalty at that end in the next home game. The groundsman will have forgotten to repair the divots.

I suppose if the subsequent penalty was missed it could be construed as preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity, and therefore warranting a red card, but only if the taker didn’t score, which could present a whole range of interesting options for the taker depending on who the scuffer was, what stage of the game it was at and what the score was!

The refs dont give a shit if a player is barged into the hoardings by dirty snidey teats like Robertson or Rudiger, so I doubt they will be fucking worried about this.

Happened to England and beckham, the whole English media was in uproar over it, back page news.

when it happens to city, they don’t even show it on the highlights…..
Ironic really that city are getting slammed as cheats after the game yet arsenal was disgusting all game.
I said before the game that arteta has then schooled in the dark arts , surprised at him

I couldn't believe it when I heard that Gabriel had been given a yellow card for scuffing up the penalty spot. It's poetic justice I suppose that within a couple of minutes, he'd put himself into a position where he did a body check on Jesus and got a 2nd yellow. There were so many talking points in that match and - again - VAR went in our favour. But, I felt that everything else should be put aside to talk about the scuffing of the penalty spot.

I've been watching football since the 60's. I've never seen this done in the English game before, and I can only recall 1 or 2 incidences when it's been seen on foreign soil. Football has many pieces of gamesmanship in many matches, but, I feel that this needs an immediate response from the powers that be - and a word from Arteta/Arsenal perhaps, condemning this activity (forgive me if someone from Arsenal has already done this; I haven't heard anything along those lines). Also, did someone say on TV today that Ramsdale had been guilty of it too at some stage? It is cheating and, if not properly nipped in the bud, it'll start happening everywhere.

Anyway, I'm not calling for any extra punishment for Gabriel as he got his just desserts - though, if he had done that bodycheck in front of some European ref''s, he might have got a straight red. I'm just putting it out there that the authorities should state that, anyone found to have damaged the pitch in this most ungentlemanly of ways should expect an immediate 3 match ban, imho.
Pretty sure Fernando Torres did it when playing for Chelsea a few years back

Apparently he didn't get booked for scuffing up the pen spot.

So scuffing the penalty spot is the same degree of offense as hacking a player down from behind (and potentially incurring serious injury) when he's through on goal. Seems reasonable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.