Punk and New Wave thread.

The Angelic Upstarts were regarded as hardcore punk and they attracted right wing fascists in the 80s, Mensi distanced himself from them and gigs would often get violent. He hated what they stood for.

Anyway, this track is about as far removed from hardcore punk as you can get.

I wish.

Gary mounfield December 10, 2021 At 19:26
Loved the upstarts… saw them a fair few times back in the day, the mayflower, osborne & the tower club in oldham spring to mind… lovely fella… me & browny bumped into him in wood green on the morning of the roses gig at ally pally back in the day… never had nothing is on my funeral tape for when its my time !!!. RIP TOMMY

Loved the upstarts… saw them a fair few times back in the day, the mayflower, osborne & the tower club in oldham spring to mind… lovely fella… me & browny bumped into him in wood green on the morning of the roses gig at ally pally back in the day… never had nothing is on my funeral tape for when its my time !!!. RIP TOMMY
I went to both those gigs. The Tower club near Mumps Bridge, Oldham was a horrible venue, the bogs were about 6" deep in stinking piss. Good job i had my 16 hole Docs on.

Just trying to remember when I last saw the Upstarts
Think it was North West Calling at the Ritz a few years ago
Certainly seen them at the Witchwood twice and the Star and Garter

As a kid they were a big band for me
I remember playing their albums getting ready for school

It's just devastating that he's gone especially as he had quite a young family

Mensi a true working class hero , great live band . RE The Mayflower do you remember the big Jamaican lady cooking fried chicken in an enormous stainless pan

Just trying to remember when I last saw the Upstarts
Think it was North West Calling at the Ritz a few years ago
Certainly seen them at the Witchwood twice and the Star and Garter

As a kid they were a big band for me
I remember playing their albums getting ready for school

It's just devastating that he's gone especially as he had quite a young family
I've seen them at NW calling and also on home territory in Durham a couple of times.

Remember as a kid I had SLF Tin Soldiers and swapped it with a pal for Never ad Nothing. Both great tracks but I think my pal got the better deal....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.