Qatar Stats - This is Truly Pathetic. What a Joke.

Bobby4Mayor said:
Skashion said:
Problem for this argument is that what the Jews faced was a reaction to what happened to the Palestinians who had to flee. Even if you can't acknowledge there is some truth in Ilan Pappé's argument of ethnic cleansing, Benny Morris' accounts should clear up any doubt that the Palestinians chose to flee but did so out of fear, making them legitimate refugees. It was also not Palestinians who forced Jews to flee. It's all fine with you though, presumably they all melt into one don't they? All Arabs are the same, Jews, Muslims, Christians etc. The world is so much simpler that way. It's not the world we live in though. Your argument is so fundamentally childish and boils down to two wrongs do make a right, or perhaps an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Actually no, I give you far too much credit in saying that as you go beyond that and then claim they are the sole victims. What happened to the Palestinians was unjust, what happened to Jews in many Arab countries was unjust. I suppose it would be asking too much of you to be human and to have sympathy for two different groups of victims.

I do agree with alot of your points here, but I am not generalizing when I say "arabs." Countries like Iraq, Iran, and other countries who are not geographically involved have at times been the most vocally anti-Israeli. I generalize them as Arabs because this is truly a conflict that the entire Arab world (and beyond, like Libya and Algeria,) have united against. You'll also find that there are many Arabs who live happily and peacefully in Israel itself, not just the West Bank. And there is little (there certainly is some,) anti-arab sentiment. In fact the common Israeli is very sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, and have almost always elected the most left leaning candidate at the polls.

I agree with you, the Palestinians living in the Gaza strip and some parts of the West Bank have horrible standards of living, and certainly worse than before Israel was founded. But this is more due to the surrounding countries like Syria and Lebanon's unwillingness to accept them in large numbers, than Israel forcibly trying to push them out. The Israeli stance has been clear since its foundation. All Arabs currently living within it's borders are free to stay, but when this population threatens the jews of Israel freedoms and rights must be taken away from them to prevent terrorist attacks, just like what happens when radical Jews in Israel attack Arab villages. I believe the surrounding Arab countries are using the trapped in Palestinians as pawns in their negotiations, as a weapon to evoke global sympathy for their cause. Why do I think this? The Arabs who have chosen to live among the Israeli populace and accept the new order have flourished, but been shunned by the Arab world. Why? Because it contradicts there stance that they are being suppressed by Israel.

Let's continue this by PM or in the Israel thread. Either or, I'm easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.