Al-Wakrah - 45k

120914118.8_mn.jpg

Qatar University - 43k

120914118.9_mn.jpg

Khalifa - 68k

120914118.10_mn.jpg

Al-Gharafa - 47k

120914118.11_mn.jpg
<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 pm --<br /><br />I've heard somewhere that stadiums are montage ones and after WC most of the will be donated to African countries.

I live in Qatar - they'll certainly be able to pull off these ambitious designs. Strikes me none of the stadiums shown are big enough to host final though. I think there's another one planned for a small city called Lusail (which they have only just started building at the end of my road). That's supposed to be a 90 thousand seater.

As well as all these grounds, this tiny country is also just starting out on building three brand new railway networks and a massive road building project. All these trains and roads will lead to the new stadiums - until of course they dismantle the stadiums and send them to poor African countries. Then we'll have a state of the art transport network that goes precisely nowhere.

And as for playing the tournament in the summer - forget it. Here we are in the middle of September and it was 43c this afternoon. It's still 32c now and it's 11pm. In June it hits 50c...anyone for extra time and penalties???

In the Gulf said:
I live in Qatar - they'll certainly be able to pull off these ambitious designs. Strikes me none of the stadiums shown are big enough to host final though. I think there's another one planned for a small city called Lusail (which they have only just started building at the end of my road). That's supposed to be a 90 thousand seater.

As well as all these grounds, this tiny country is also just starting out on building three brand new railway networks and a massive road building project. All these trains and roads will lead to the new stadiums - until of course they dismantle the stadiums and send them to poor African countries. Then we'll have a state of the art transport network that goes precisely nowhere.

And as for playing the tournament in the summer - forget it. Here we are in the middle of September and it was 43c this afternoon. It's still 32c now and it's 11pm. In June it hits 50c...anyone for extra time and penalties???

I'm not an environmentalist or anything but would love to know what the carbon footprint is of building all these stadia for one tournament then tearing them down shipping them to Africa then rebuilding them over there .
The you've got all the trains and roadworks you've mentioned that will be useless afterwards and no doubt will be pulled up as well.
Awarding Qatar the World Cup must be one of the most ludicrous decisions ever made in sport.

I did 4 months in Al Udeid airbase in 2005 and left in the March and it was getting bloody hot then. Hate to think what it's like at the height of summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.