Qatar World Cup stadiums

These stadiums look amazing... can they not donate one to the poor Eastlands, congo of Beswick? :-D

Will look daft... I imagine seeing some of these beautiful stadiums in a shithole area of Africa, outside the stadium is high unemployment, high crime rate and poverty, and then this crazy stadium... oh wait - sound's like Etihad

In the desert SW of the US, lots of restaurants have a fine spray mist that they spray outside on the edge of their outside seating areas. The heat evaporates the fine spray and it drops the temperature dramatically. Not sure if it could be scaled up to the size of a 45,000 seater stadium, but if they had these spraying out of the roof areas that are open, it could well do some good at the surface.

Any of your engineers out there know if this low-tech solution is feasible on this scale?

rest_bar_misting.jpg

Let's not forget. If it wasnt for the World Cup Qatar would never have invested into PSG and french football. Now there might be those of you who say "great". But know this the investment Qatar has into the franch economy will help all of europe. And all this thank to something as "silly" as getting the world cup. In my book. Qatar for the win, go for it!

Qatar gettting the world cup is silly? Silly will be if India ever gets the world cup. Then you will see words such as silly, disaster, shambles etc being redefined on a totally new scale.

1986, Mexico had to hold the world cup due to Columbia backing out. They don't want to see this again, and frankly due to the economic shit we are in at the moment it could happen. That's why they picked Russia and Qatar as they are massively oil rich, so even if the economy stays in the toilet for the next ten years they will be able to afford to put on these tournaments. It's not a bloody conspiracy. I don't fancy Russia at all, but I am definitely up for going to Qatar in 2022. Those stadiums look gorgeous and it will be an amazing holiday. If people don't believe that they'll be able to air condition the stadiums then that's your opinion, but I do. Technology is a surprising thing.

Qataris with their money will be able to pull of an extravagant event.It could only be better for football if more regions get to host it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.