QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much difference between 1-0 and 0-0.

Spurs would still have to come to us to score, they aren't keeping a clean sheet.

There is a masive difference between the two considering at 0-0 any win makes you go through. Now we’re in a situation where we need a two goal margin to progress. I don’t see them not scoring on the counter considering Pep will have to throw the kitchen sink at them.

Actually at 0-0 I thought that Pep's more cautious approach to an away leg in Europe was doing OK. At Bayern and City before he's messed up by being to gung ho.
However the selection was odd. Danilo? Was he injured? He's not been overworked but done well when required. Sane likewise is quite fresh.
Performance wise DS has been poor for a while. It's retrievable but the goal has given them hope.

Don't agree at all that Spurs were the better team.

i'd say marginally, by a sliver. City had a really good long spell in the 2nd half as the better team but we didnt really test Lloris enough (penalty aside)

Score the pen and Delph defending properly and this thread would only be 60 pages long. It was a good away performance in the Champions league and the result should not blur that.

We will be a different beast at home with a full house ( could do with a surge of ticket buying mind) and a poor spuds team without their talisman.

It is actually set up to be a brilliant European night. If you didn't know better its as if the management are making the Etihad a place of good memories and dreams.

I cant wait.

i'd say marginally, by a sliver. City had a really good long spell in the 2nd half as the better team but we didnt really test Lloris enough (penalty aside)
Id say Spurs played close to how well they can and we played well below what we can. That being said, there was very little between the teams last night which is one of the most disappointing things.

Looking back on the game every player on that pitch last night for both teams was bang average. Not one player gets more than a 5/10.

Only difference is spurs tried to win it, our formation and team selection was let’s get a draw type attitude. Very odd from pep.

Kev & sane on at 65 mins we win that game. Kev created more in 3 mins than most of our players.

Our big problem is
Left back. Delph sadly not composed enough
Walker at times is a liability
Gundogan offers little & slow
Mahrez looks lost
Jesus loves to play offside
Hate to say this but David Silva has been poor for weeks

We need all players firing now as we get no second chances from this point.

Every game a cup final. it’s just worrying our last 2 games have been very poor with all players looking slow.
fatigue is creeping in unfortunately.

Pep and training team earn their coin now

Looking back on the game every player on that pitch last night for both teams was bang average. Not one player gets more than a 5/10.

Only difference is spurs tried to win it, our formation and team selection was let’s get a draw type attitude. Very odd from pep.

Kev & sane on at 65 mins we win that game. Kev created more in 3 mins than most of our players.

Our big problem is
Left back. Delph sadly not composed enough
Walker at times is a liability
Gundogan offers little & slow
Mahrez looks lost
Jesus loves to play offside
Hate to say this but David Silva has been poor for weeks

We need all players firing now as we get no second chances from this point.

Every game a cup final. it’s just worrying our last 2 games have been very poor with all players looking slow.
fatigue is creeping in unfortunately.

Pep and training team earn their coin now
Agree with this post. Said beforehand that the Korean would do us and in the end he did, but we had chances to score and didn't take them. My gut feeling is that we are going out . Pep seemed to think we had enough and it nearly worked but we got caught out last night

Sometimes not noticing a player means they are doing their job brilliantly. City had a lot of difficulty getting into the attacking third and Winks played a role in not allowing the space for any movement through the middle, just about everything came from the flanks.

The lack of fullback involvement, it's just really odd to see in a Guardiola coached side
Yes, and this wasn't one of those occasions.

Got back home at 3 am can’t understand the selection for a quarter final ?? The most disappointing thing is they were there for the taking last night an opportunity not taken. Oh well great following as usual!! Never slag the team so let’s move on it’s only half time,let’s finish the job at home.ctid

Shades of the Anfield away game for me, in terms of team selection and set up. Nullify the the home team which we did, for the most part, last night. Unfortunately with that set up/selection we look less threatening going forward. Just hope the missed penalties in both games don't come back to bight us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.