QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
never thought before about not being able to play with wrist in a cast. Guess it depends how severe and if he can get away with a soft brace during a match, but would have to be painful.

The Kane injury, that's a shame, but reckless tackle on his part.
He can't wear a soft brace if it really is broken,he'll have to at least have something with metal in it,i wouldn't risk it if i was him

What? an Emergency? Well perhaps needing to score an away goal may turn out to be a necessity come 10 o'clock on Wednesday. Should have put them on the pitch after goal at the latest. Time will tell whether this defeat was a good result or not but to me his decision was based more on fear rather than any priorities he may or may not have.

I realise the game was important just as much as you do but out of the 4 games including 3 against Spurs and one against Palace, this was the one where Pep could possibly pick a team without Sane and De Bruyne.

There's no way in the world they could possibly start all four games and this was reflected by his team selection on Tuesday.

I certainly wouldn't consider anything I have posted on the subject as abuse. Marvin who is the other poster who thinks Pep cocked up, although maybe expressing it a bit more in depth and passionately I wouldn't consider abuse either.

Surely you can see that isn't what I'm referring to ?

Some of the shit posted in the two threads has just been total ****land.

A lot of people still seem a little pissed with the result,,think of it from a spurs fan point of view, going to the home of the champions who have been banging them in all season with a very narrow advantage and having two key players missing, i bet their are not that many spurs fans who are so confident and a bit of a game plan problem for them,do they take the game to us and try for a goal which will probably put the tie to bed or do they sit back and hope to get a break, i think they will do the later so in reality it just becomes like any other game at home where we have to break them down,no doubt we will do that at some point in the 90 minutes and when we do it will send them into panic mode and we will end up banging a few in,,if i was a betting man their is no way i would be putting any cash on spurs to pull it off

Let's hope so but so far in this CL campaign they have been to Inter, Barca and Dortmund and every result they've hadwould have taken them through...1-2, 1-1 and 1-0

Last edited:
never thought before about not being able to play with wrist in a cast. Guess it depends how severe and if he can get away with a soft brace during a match, but would have to be painful.

The Kane injury, that's a shame, but reckless tackle on his part.

I suppose it is to do with the safety of other players rather than Alli himself, every game we see arms swinging and it can't be good to get a smack in the chops with a cast. I doubt a soft brace would offer enough protection.

It's always the players who score the goals or who make the mistakes.

You are doing a Pep and over-complicating it. Play your best players in the biggest games. You don't see Ronaldo and Messi on the bench in the big games. Very sad to see de Bruyne and Sane sat on the bench watching City toil. I can't say that we would have won with them, but I am pretty convinced that was far from City's best side.

I know it was far from City's best side.

The question would be why Pep chose it.

Is it that simple, to just play the strongest side in every game, or do Pep & his staff think that will cause us to run out of steam ?

Some appear to think Pep is just dicking around for the sake of it, I think he is trying to accomplish a close to impossible task by managing his resources.

No other manager in the history of the Premier League would even attempt this.

Looking after 1st leg across all teams Pep was the only one to go with a defensive approach and we are supposed to be the team with most depth.

I know it was far from City's best side.

The question would be why Pep chose it.

Is it that simple, to just play the strongest side in every game, or do Pep & his staff think that will cause us to run out of steam ?

Some appear to think Pep is just dicking around for the sake of it, I think he is trying to accomplish a close to impossible task by managing his resources.

No other manager in the history of the Premier League would even attempt this.
I think a lot of people get the rotation part and get the thinking behind it. But the all round performance wasn't too clever, especially up front. The missed pen was a bummer but it was poorly taken. I've mentioned it before but the subs should have been on not long after they scored, 88 mins was a bit late imho. I'll be thoroughly cheesed off if we go out because of that tepid 1st leg against this spurs team.

I realise the game was important just as much as you do but out of the 4 games including 3 against Spurs and one against Palace, this was the one where Pep could possibly pick a team without Sane and De Bruyne.

There's no way in the world they could possibly start all four games and this was reflected by his team selection on Tuesday.
Sane didn't play against Fulham, Brighton or Spurs. He played against Cardiff.
So if he doesn't play against Palace there's something seriously wrong.

Looking after 1st leg across all teams Pep was the only one to go with a defensive approach and we are supposed to be the team with most depth.

So how many of the others are going for 3 competitions ?

I mean, I agree totally with Ferguson's method. I would have used the FA & League cups largely as youth training programmes, & take it a bit more seriously if we reached the semi final.

Pep, on the other hand is trying to win everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.