QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously think Pep was happy to take such a result before kick off.

There was a couching of our whole forward play and you could see the boss in the final few minutes pointing to his head and telling the lads to think and don't concede a stupid second goal.

Sterling had glimpses where better quality from him would have maybe given us more looks. Same can't be said for Mahrez, who continues to defer and hide.

Laporte was excellent. Gundo had his moments.

Delph was again a liability when it mattered and Eddie could maybe have done better keeping it out.

Very confident for the next two games we have against them, especially with Kane likely to miss both.

Hopefully Bernardo is back.

Fuck me this thread is a disgrace.

Spoilt little girls all over the gaff.

Ok we weren’t at our best but Spurs were at home, played their very best 11 and only just scraped by us. It’s not like they’ve battered us 4-0 and it’s tie over.

It’s 1-0. That’s all.

Aguero scores the pen and this all ends very differently. The margins were that fine tonight.

Are we not backing ourselves to beat Spurs by 2 at home? With our best team out there, on our own plot, going for it, with our fans behind us?

I fucking am.

I do agree re Mahrez though. He’s a fucking liability and him and Walker just do not work as a right side partnership.

It's not just after the game it's before and during.
How the fuck do some of these people deal with disappointments in life?

I seriously think Pep was happy to take such a result before kick off.

There was a couching of our whole forward play and you could see the boss in the final few minutes pointing to his head and telling the lads to think and don't concede a stupid second goal.

Sterling had glimpses where better quality from him would have maybe given us more looks. Same can't be said for Mahrez, who continues to defer and hide.

Laporte was excellent. Gundo had his moments.

Delph was again a liability when it mattered and Eddie could maybe have done better keeping it out.

Very confident for the next two games we have against them, especially with Kane likely to miss both.

Hopefully Bernardo is back.
I thought Mahrez put a few dangerous crosses in. Not his worst game by any stretch. Definitely we can turn this round.

Fuck me this thread is a disgrace.

Spoilt little girls all over the gaff.

Ok we weren’t at our best but Spurs were at home, played their very best 11 and only just scraped by us. It’s not like they’ve battered us 4-0 and it’s tie over.

It’s 1-0. That’s all.

Aguero scores the pen and this all ends very differently. The margins were that fine tonight.

Are we not backing ourselves to beat Spurs by 2 at home? With our best team out there, on our own plot, going for it, with our fans behind us?

I fucking am.

I do agree re Mahrez though. He’s a fucking liability and him and Walker just do not work as a right side partnership.

Exactly. We'll do them with our best side, don't get why people can't see this.

Spurs can probably afford to lose at the weekend, we can't, which is why some of our players were 'rested'.

2nd game we can go all out because it's them we play the weekend after.

The best team even though we were sloppy, but couldn’t understand why dr Bruyne and sane didn’t come on with twenty minutes left , they were fucked and we could have romped it .
Spot on they were on the ropes at the time and the goal came out of the blue but still be hesitated and they saw the game out well. He's clearly and understandably managing Kev's minutes but missed a trick there still win Sunday and Wednesday non of this matters.

Bloody hell
As usual the knives are out for Pep as soon as we lose a game
Yes Mahrez and Delph were poor but don’t people get we cannot keep playing the same “best 11” week in and out for 60 games a season?
We lost a game we could have won but for a missed pen and a brain fart from Delph
We are a far better team than them and I am confident we have more than enough to turn this round over the next 90 especially now they have lost Kane
Sane hasn't started for weeks now?

We win our next 11 games 2-0 and we have won the quintet.

I think we will be ok.

I am. You have to pile it in on someone I guess. Mahrez is an easy target. You can't even dare blaming Aguerro for the penalty. Imagine it was Mahrez who missed it, Goodness me !

Mate Mahrez isn't playing well and that's being generous..he's actually hiding in games ...when he gets the ball he goes forward a couple of yards and plays it back 5 or more yards or else he tries to curl the ball into the area...
Kun shouldn't take any more penalties whilst Gundo is on the pitch..it was a bad miss..but at least Kun has saved us many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.