QPR Major Announcement

jimharri said:
Rammyblues said:
IMO too many raggish comments on here, I remember the days not too far in the distant past when any signing at our place was deemed worthy of an announcement and that included the freebies. Let them have their day in the sun. IMO they won't be in a relegation scrap this time round and they will give us another hard game. Sorry it just how I feel.
There are some ill-judged comments on here. Arguably QPR gave us our two hardest games last season. Prefer them to Arsenal or Spurs.

well said Rammy and Jim, a lot on here becoming very rag like with their arrogant comments of "small clubs" etc, that's exactly what we've had and came to expect from them lot. Whatever you do please don't turn into arrogant twats. And while we're at it does everyone remember how they also celebrated our winner?

QPR remind me of West Ham a couple of seasons ago, in the way they are spending their money. Like when Hughes was in charge of us his recruitment policy seems flawed.

I imagine he'll get a lot of time there tbh. Especially with Sir Joey missing the start of the season. They could've done worse to be fair, considering the level they're currently at. I'm sure several clubs who finished higher would have had a cheeky sniff around Park.

Regarding the stadium though, that does seem flawed. There's a saturation of London clubs, and the prices they charge (QPR), aren't currently justified by performance, and I doubt they'd fill it regularly.

carlos92 said:
QPR remind me of West Ham a couple of seasons ago, in the way they are spending their money. Like when Hughes was in charge of us his recruitment policy seems flawed.

As I said the other day in the transfer forum, signing a raft of players well into their 30s doesn't seem like a great policy to me on any level. Emulating Newcastle's current transfer policy should be the aim of a club like QPR, this seems like the polar opposite of that policy to me. You'd think they should be able to stay up again which is probably all they need to do at the moment but most of their signings look like they will only be useful in the short term which could be a problem if they are on decent and fairly long contracts.

ultimateharold said:
I imagine he'll get a lot of time there tbh. Especially with Sir Joey missing the start of the season. They could've done worse to be fair, considering the level they're currently at. I'm sure several clubs who finished higher would have had a cheeky sniff around Park.

Regarding the stadium though, that does seem flawed. There's a saturation of London clubs, and the prices they charge (QPR), aren't currently justified by performance, and I doubt they'd fill it regularly.

QPR would definitely have to drop prices if they move to a 45,000 stadium. If they could offer Premier League football to Londoners at an average price of 25 quid an adult I reckon they'd get a lot of new fans in. It's just like West Ham will definitely have to adjust their pricing if/when they move to the Olympic Stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.